Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
That's bad to hear about. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and go back to living the life.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Medically induced commas never end well. Even if he gets some back his best days are behind him. Fortunately for us we got to see him use his hand eye coordination in a sweet motor sport, it can all end in a flash.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
My wife told me about this last night and I didn't sounds good at all! Surprisely when he hit his head on a rock, he was wearing a helmet! He will be very lucky to ever drive ANY car ever again.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
All those years spent at 200+ mph in an F1 car and this happens, guess you just never know. He's always been a bittersweet figure to me, it's cool how talented of a driver he is but it did kind of ruin F1 there for awhile, took the guess work out of figuring out who was going to win for the most part.

Love him or hate him, as a human being I hope for the best for him

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I don't think he would ever be driving an F1 again, but i do hope he makes it out of coma and live a little bit longer. Just finished watching a documentary about the history of F1 and the life of him and Ayrton Senna

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
The coma was not induced....
I heard he left the scene unconscious and upon surgery it has been induced in case he wakes before the swelling drops. The news is never wrong Bone. Dont make me call my local news and tell them Bone is never wrong...I will.:rant:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Intracranial Pressure – what how and why | A Former F1 Doc Writes

The Monday press conference | A Former F1 Doc Writes

Kurz nach dem Sturz sei Schumacher noch bei Bewusstsein gewesen. Er habe aber nicht auf Fragen geantwortet und habe fahrig reagiert, sagte der leitende Neurochirurg, Stephan Chabardes. "Er zeigte keine normalen Reaktionen."

Translation:

The leading neurosurgeon, Stephan Chabardes, said shortly after the Crash, MS was still conscious, but did not reply to questions and reacted [best translated as slowly or disoriented I guess]. He didn't show normal reactions.

Latest word on Michael Schumacher's condition worrying as friends, family rally [w/video] - Autoblog

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Ima get em when Im off work.

Damn, I hadn't been able to keep up, working, thanks for the heads up.

edit: "Doctors reportedly have the racer in an induced coma as well as hypothermia in an attempt to reduce potential brain damage. Jean-François Payen, Head of Anesthesiology at the hospital said Monday at an early-morning press conference, "For the moment, we can not decide on the fate of Michael Schumacher." Well they had it half right.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still can not believe this is happening to him; all those laps at 200 mph plus and this is how it ends?! I feel for his the son most, who was skiing
with Michael at the time.....no child should have to witness this kind of injury to their parent!

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Damn, he was a great driver on the best team at the time. Watched him many times, make sick passes, make enemies and followers. Its not too bad it ends this way, it fits. Doing something dangerous to the end. Its just too bad of he dies a vegetable, to bad he didnt die on the slope at the moment of impact.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts