Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are not officially being produced yet, please read this post in its entirety.

After several people have asked me about an MFactory helical LSD for the DOHC ZC, I thought I'd see if there is enough serious interest. LSD would be exactly the same as the current D Series LSD, but will use the DOHC ZC axle/half shaft setup versus standard US axles. This is for the DOHC ZC, not the D16A1. Serious interest is 10 people with a 50% non-refundable deposit. If 10 deposits cannot be had after 6 months from this posting date, then the current deposits will be refunded less any fees. 10 is not a solid number, if I think there will be enough interest at any time given the present number of orders, it will be my choice to go ahead and have the LSD's made before 10 orders are taken. Price is $649.95 and includes a set of MFactory diff bearings, 2 quarts of Torco MTF, and shipping in the US 48. Turnaround time once 10 orders are taken (or at my discretion before that point) is 6 weeks.

If you don't have a DOHC ZC trans (or any D trans that uses the same diff) but want the halfshaft setup, you can use this LSD but will need to source the correct axles/half shaft.

If you'd like to place a pre-order, PM or email me at [email protected]

1. deposit
2. deposit
3. deposit

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Chris, you need to post this on more forums as well as the other diffs.

The design process change isn't that hard, just getting enough to commit which is same reason Quaife never made a batch run.

Might I suggest one thing, still have the axle ring retaining grooves so IF someone happens across this diff later Marty at Raxle can make the stock axles with bigger inner joints?

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
assuming deposit through paypal, if so they refund the fees not you.

if you want i'll post this on thezcr.com, crxcommunity and ef-honda.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deposits can be made via Paypal, Cashiers Check, or USPS MO.

Feel free to post a link whevere you want.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Lets make this happen.

To the response on RPR.

You cannot use a B series diff in the DOHC ZC, only the D16A1 with some modifications.

·
Registered
ef7 crx
322 Posts
Sorry I know this is old but I have question...
Is the M-factory LSD to fit the non lsd crown wheel or the lsd crown wheel.
I have both is 4.25:1 ration but they are quite different bolt patterns and ID between the open diff and the viscous LSD.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEM LSD uses a different ring gear, therefore it can't use any other OEM ring gears.

The MFactory LSD uses the open diff 10 bolt ring gear.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed the pre-order details. Now includes MFactory diff bearings and 2 quarts of Torco MTF.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Because I Havent taken one apart yet my question to you is. Im using a hydrolic ZC transmission. It would be easy to assume that the ring gear will fit how ever are the bearings the same between the hydro and the cable ZCs? The transmission that you are suggesting making the lsd for was not specified so I guess Im just looking for comfirmation.

Im excited for this products release!

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as it doesn't have an OEM LSD the ring gear will fit. Bearings are the same for both cable and hydro. If you (any anyone else) want this to happen more pre-orders are needed.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone that's a member on there feel free to link here as long as it doesn't violate their TOS.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
linked it over there when this first started

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.