Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RPM dropping too much between shifts? 5th gear too long on track? Or maybe you just want to do 20mph in 5th without bogging...

The MFactory close gear set is for you. Shorten your transmissions ramp and lessen the RPM drop when shifting. These gears are semi-helical (excluding 1st gear which is helical) which puts more power to the ground and makes for a stronger gear.

Ratios are as follows:

1st - 3.083
2nd - Use stock
3rd - 1.565, straight cut
4th - Use stock 3rd as 4th (1.172**, 1.250, 1.259**, 1.346)
5th - 1.000

*Needs slight modification.

Applications are all 88-00 Civic transmissions. 88-95 transmissions require slight modification to the transmission case where 5th gear sits.

-Made from 100% Pure Australian Steel, NOT cheap Chinese Steel
-Advanced gear geometry designed using industry-leading software puts more power to the ground

1st gear only is $264.95 shipped*.
3rd gear only is $369.95 shipped*.
3/5 gear set is $649.95 shipped*.

D-Series.org only special, order a 3/5 gear set and receive 5% off a 1st gear.

Until I finish up my website and online ordering is available, please PM or email me at [email protected] to place your order. Paypal (add 3.5%), Cashiers Check, or USPS MO's only at this time, credit/debit cards may be used via Paypal if your account allows this. General questions may be asked in this thread or included in your PM/email.

*Free shipping is within the 48 States only. Add $10 for HI, AK, CAN, $25 for int'l shipping. Tax/duty fees not included.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Please, Please, remember us, D17A2 guys too! :)
I love my B16A2 MFactory forged gears and I would love to use the same quality in my D17A2!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I run this gear set in my car, very very happy with it. All of the MFactory stuff is top notch with durability, fit, and finish.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. He is using a 4spd Y8 trans built by myself. His 4th gear is 1.172.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You forgot the FD, LSD, and magnetic drain plug! Or did I put somebody elses parts in your trans? :p

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They'll fit in the DX. Won't be ideal (as 2-3 RPM drop will be very short) unless it is for a road race setup where you won't use 2nd (though I use 2nd with my Y8 trans and it is shorter than the DX 2nd). If you're not worried about the 2-3 shift, then it'll work great.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
as said in the orignal post:

Applications are all 88-00 Civic transmissions. 88-95 transmissions require slight modification to the transmission case where 5th gear sits.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That would be cool if somone could post a vid of how short these gear ratios are something... or maybe i just like videos too much, haha

anyway, i hoping to pick up a third gear from you sometime soon!

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only vid I have is a poor quality using the video mode on my camera. I'll make a nice vid once I put my close ratio trans back in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts