Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: To increase interest in these, I've changed the pre-order details.

The MFactory 35mm D Series LSD is now available for Pre-Order exclusively at Whoopee Doo Racing.

This LSD is for small bearing cable and hydro transmissions (STD, DX, CX, LX, VX, HF).

-Made from 100% Pure Australian Steel, NOT cheap Chinese Steel
-Precision-machined from High-Tensile Forged Chromoly Steel for increased strength and durability
-Only the highest quality Brighton-Best Hardware is used
-Maintenance-free Gears eliminates the need for special fluids & rebuilds associated with plate-type LSDs
-Lock-free operation ensures no adverse affect to steering response

What does this mean?

NO need to tear down and reassemble correctly as you do with another brand of LSD.

NO need to replace any hardware.

NO runout problems as there are with another brand of LSD. Runout on the test LSD was .0005"!!!

No diff shim problems. Use OEM diff shims. No need for modded oil ring shims.

No problems with bearing fitment. Bearing flanges on the test LSD measured out at 35.00mm each!

Correctly sized speedo gear flange. No modification needed to use the correct 35mm (white) speedo gear.

No ring gear bolt clearance problems.

D-Series.org only special, order a final drive at the same time as your LSD and receive 10% off the final drive!

Pre-Order price is $649.95 and includes a new set of OEM diff bearings, 2 quarts of Torco MTF, and shipping within the US 48. Until I finish up my website and online ordering is available, please PM or email me at [email protected] to place your order. Paypal, Cashiers Check, or USPS MO's only at this time, credit/debit cards may be used via Paypal if your account allows this. General questions may be asked in this thread or included in your PM/email.

Tax/duty fees not included. Tennessee residents add 9.5% tax.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
can we get them to make one for the ZC

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there is enough serious interest (i.e. deposit) I will have some made.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
how much is serious interest?

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
what would be the pricing on it?

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
now if only i had the 35mm trans i thought i had laying around here :'(

wish i had that kind of scratch... but with sunday being my last day of work, doesnt look like it...

sloopy.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ramen noodles. They get old after about 3 days but its amazing how much you can save up. I did it for about a month before I couldn't take it anymore.

I've got 35mm cores here btw.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
so would the 40mm one b just a quick swap out with the stock one
Define quick?????

Install new bearings and new or old speedo ring gear, swap FD ring gear, shim as needed.......quick swap for Aquafina and me :)

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Except I don't install LSD's like that. Everything comes apart.

Only time I will do that is if there is no time to tear everything apart (i.e. customer has a race in 3 hours).

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Check you shafts for clogging, mashed brass, etc.

But "our" quick work which could take 3-4 hours total would take a newbie and day or two. We know where to look....and to clean everything....twice!

·
Registered
93 honda civic dx
544 Posts
Except I don't install LSD's like that. Everything comes apart.

Only time I will do that is if there is no time to tear everything apart (i.e. customer has a race in 3 hours).
Check you shafts for clogging, mashed brass, etc.

But "our" quick work which could take 3-4 hours total would take a newbie and day or two. We know where to look....and to clean everything....twice!
well then if i buy one of these i might have to send my trans to one of u guys

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.