Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a Meth injection Kit

I have came down to two options, the AEM Kit with 1 gallon or the SNOW performance stage 2 kit.

Which is better? pro's and cons?

Any info on this would be great, AEM makes great stuff but not sure about the snow performance, googled some things and to me it's about 50/50

if anyone has any of these kits let me know!

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I did a brief search for meth injection (only searching for that phrase in the title). That lead me to this thread. Which made me search for devils own meth on a search engine called "google".

It's amazing what searching can do...

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
does not explain all my questions.

Pros and cons of both.
Wow, I remember when n00bs use to use complete sentences to bark demands at us. How the times have changed.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
Go with whatever is cheapest, has a progressive controller, and uses an internally-bypassed pump. The new AEM kits and the stg 2 devils own kits use internally bypassed pumps, have progressive controllers, and include 3 nozzles. Can't comment on the snow kits, haven't looked in to them

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I had a Snow Performance stage 2(about to put it up forsale if anyones interested PM me). Its nice because it adds meth as boost increases. This is nice because different boost levels require more meth than other boost levels. This is a pretty sick kit. I used windshield washer fluid and HEET for my mixure. It was allot cheaper than racegas. Worked flawlessly. Only thing i could see being a problem with this is not having a saftey cutoff like the AEM one(i heard it has one but have no first hand experience on how it works). If the system fails for some reason, the saftey cutoff can send the ecu a signal that theres a problem and run low boost/boost cut.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just bought a stage 2 Devils Own kit, from all the stuff i read i think it's a quality product who's also on this site, i like to support our own when i can.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I think the AEM kit is the only one with fail-safe, some tuning softwares have a failsafe built into them (like if the AFR gets beyond a set limit it cuts the boost, or if the intake temp gets too hot). I personally never seen anybody run the snow kit, it's always AEM and a few people with devils own.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the AEM kit with the 5 gal tank. The Snow stage 2 and AEM kits are roughly identical. Both use a small progressive controller to vary the pump. All you have to do is set the start and max injection pressure points and the controller figures out the rest. It's pretty simple and if I had the choice, I'd go AEM.

Now if this were between the Stage 3 Snow kit and AEM, the Snow kit would win.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I personally think the AEM kits are great kits for the price and being the most user friendly. Ive installed a few and they all worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I got my AEM kit in the mail the other day. Looks good but shit is broken in it. Poorly Packed, the pos wire from pump is freyed and can see wire, also the progress controller is all cracked up and looks like cheap plastic with a sticker on it. kinda shitty.

Waiting from a response from where I got it on monday to get a replacement so i can install this bad boy

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
So I got my AEM kit in the mail the other day. Looks good but shit is broken in it. Poorly Packed, the pos wire from pump is freyed and can see wire, also the progress controller is all cracked up and looks like cheap plastic with a sticker on it. kinda shitty.

Waiting from a response from where I got it on monday to get a replacement so i can install this bad boy
Ebay? Where did you buy it from?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts