Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to use am mercedes eaton compressor on a d16z6?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
becaus it is very impensive to import an jackson kit to germany, the mercedes comps are very cheap here. and there are sets to put a merc. comp in a vw g60

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
ah...that makes sense...im sure its possible, but it would take a lot of fabricating to get it to mount up right...you might end up spending a lot more in just getting custom parts made...the eaton is pulley based i believe, and if it is then the pulleys prob wont allow the belts to line up so youll have to route it using more pulleys which might bring power levels down...dont quote me on anything, but IMO, i dont know if its worth it

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have heard about this in the past, that some kids in detroit were putting mercedes superchargers on civics. I'll just stick to my snail.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ryan89crx said:
thats such a badass idea. supercharged when you want it. electric clutch on it, man that would rock
yeah, it would rock pretty serious ass...i would love to see what it makes on the dyno

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
i wouldnt mind seeing one of these done face to face i got a 45 sittin here in the garage brand new got off ebay for under a 100 bucks hehe just been waiting for something to do with it. i was thinking about trying to mount it where the ac is and then run the piping and stuff but i aint that smart when it comes to things like this

W

·
0 Posts
I have seen a modified mercedes turbo for a d series. Not sure what all was done to fit it in, but I guess with the right help, anything could work.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think thats a very crazy project :beer:

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
dubbedcorde said:
i wouldnt mind seeing one of these done face to face i got a 45 sittin here in the garage brand new got off ebay for under a 100 bucks hehe just been waiting for something to do with it. i was thinking about trying to mount it where the ac is and then run the piping and stuff but i aint that smart when it comes to things like this
i really like this idea....mount at the ac mounting bolts, us the ac pulley spot, and then just route piping to the intake. if only i were an engineer!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I figgured out that mercedes uses the same eaton compressors as jackson racing. Is it possible to buy a bare jacksonracing manifold?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Don't know but you can sure find out at jacksonracing.com! :TU:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts