Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont see how you can melt your intake filter, but that charge pipe could use some heat wrap or move it.
heat wrap coming soon, but the charge piping isnt moving..it was a bitch becuase the inlet and outlet for my ic are on the same side
thanks!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
looks like you've got a bad exhaust leak (black soot blown onto the charge pipe)

-Luke

·
Registered
835 Posts
my filter is on the turbo like that, works fine with me... just dont drive through any deep puddles...
and ya, that i/c piping definitely needs some sort of wrapping. is that black soot from an exhaust leak or an open downpipe?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
how about you run a pipe into the drivers fender and attach the filter there, you can have some cold air effect going on.
yeah, doing that would be better, but there will still be heatsoak through the pipe.

how hot will that IC piping get in that area?

·
Registered
613 Posts
you'll be fine. my wastegate was blowing right into my filter until i got a ghetto dump tube made and it didnt hurt the filter that bad, but i noticed a huge power loss when my w/g opened up

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
you'll be fine. my wastegate was blowing right into my filter until i got a ghetto dump tube made and it didnt hurt the filter that bad, but i noticed a huge power loss when my w/g opened up
i could only imagine how much of a power loss you noticed. Thats like the perfect definition of heatsoak, not to mention that your turbo was sucking in air that wasnt very oxygen rich at all.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i could only imagine how much of a power loss you noticed. Thats like the perfect definition of heatsoak, not to mention that your turbo was sucking in air that wasnt very oxygen rich at all.
haha yeah, plus somebody scared me when they said i could overheat the turbo by doing that. 1/4'' steel pipe ftw!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i think moving it into the fender sounds like a good plan, heatwrap the pipes, and maybe paint the ic piping with high temppaint or wrap it with heatwrap

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my filter is on the turbo like that, works fine with me... just dont drive through any deep puddles...
and ya, that i/c piping definitely needs some sort of wrapping. is that black soot from an exhaust leak or an open downpipe?
yea theres an exhaust leak right where the o2 housing meets the dp, i ordered the t25 gasket kit and that one didnt come with it.

thanks for your help guys, im gonna see if i can make something work today

1 - 15 of 15 Posts