Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Acura Integra
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone dealt with Megasquirt? I'm thinking once i get my bolt on's for the teg and its OBD-0 (87) i thought of getting Megasquirt for it. Tuning it for the mods i will have on it:

Bored TB
Heavily ported intake manifold
header
intake
exhaust
ZC cams

just to see what i might be able to get out of it?

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
I doubt you will see that much affect n/a and as few bolt ons as you plan on running.. my research showd need for a more heavily modified motor. thats why i decided not to run it.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
Ok just ignore what i said.. for some unknown reason i just confused megasquirt and snow perfomance meth injection. wow i feel stupid.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
if anyone knows how it works and runs it taylor(Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother) our mod. he has a miata w/OER itb's he's on once in a while but you can find him on.. ClubRoadster.net - Powered by vBulletin he's a mod there and his name is: FooSchnickens

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
a heavy ported intake manifold is going to kill power no matter what tuning software your using...

·
Registered
1987 Acura Integra
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a heavy ported intake manifold is going to kill power no matter what tuning software your using...
then how come other cars using an aftermarket intake manifold thats bigger with a tune improve?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
do you drive a mx-6 or a honda? you can't compare oranges to apples..

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
what do you consider heavily ported? a skunk2 and most others arent heavily ported.

no head work, heavily ported intake manifold and throttle body will kill power and torque

·
Registered
1987 Acura Integra
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have both cars. thay are both cars, with ecu's. so i can compare. i was just backing megasquirt up with other cars. i dont see any other tuning options out there for a OBD-0 DOHC ZC

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
what do you consider heavily ported? a skunk2 and most others arent heavily ported.

no head work, heavily ported intake manifold and throttle body will kill power and torque
ding, ding, ding... you are correct.. jonny tell this man what he won...

absoultely nothing.. :)

i jujst got ou of my grage porting and polishing my a6 head, getting it prep to go into the machine shop on friday. i also over port my intake many to a 62mm but i'm going to rung a B18a 60mm tb w/the coolant bypass. but most of all i will be running a delt old school 272 cam. i have a Apexi GT header which steps from 1.5" to 1 5/8" merges 1 3/4" w/a 2" collector. even with that much work i don't need to run megasquirt.

i have a DOHC ZC in the have build fo a DD about the same work above but with stock cams and believe me it had some pick up... wait i gues the short ratio tranny helps.. lol.

·
Registered
1987 Acura Integra
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hm, i see your point on the intake manifold and what not. its just people around me have had their cars tuned with basic bolt ons and the gains were nice. i thought maybe tuning a DOHC ZC on some good bolt ons would get me to have some good gains

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
hm, i see your point on the intake manifold and what not. its just people around me have had their cars tuned with basic bolt ons and the gains were nice. i thought maybe tuning a DOHC ZC on some good bolt ons would get me to have some good gains
i'm going to tell you what i have done to my ZC.

almost nothing. if you do some research on the ZCR you'll find.. damd i can't remember who but matt(theacidbeaver) does. when he bumped hi tb to a 60mm done by maxbore he lost power.

i have a CAI/port and polish head(more like deburred), a 4-2-1 2pc header, tanabe Mediallion cat back no cat straight back pipe. everything is stepped correctly from the intake intothe head then from the header to the exhaust. i have a PM6 ecu chipped w/ PM7 base fuel mapps and everything putted together for function. and let me tell you it fucking rides like a champ.

it doesn't run rich or lean it run awesome. and several members here have driven my car and can vouch for it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts