Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok its time to let you guys know what i think !
first off , i have a 89 civic EDM twin carb set up !
and my old C/I header was one of the very old 4/1 type , very hevy and not very good at all , ok so i got the header sent from the usa , it worked out a lot cheeper than getting one in the uk ,
what i got in the box was the 2 pice s/s header and 3 gaskets nad the blot to join the 2 bits together ! and a one year garanty , i had a good look at all the welds , and was very inpressed the flanges are nice and thick and very well finnished , i had to block off the 2 o2 cencer holes , as i do not need them , but thay were very nicely welded in place ,
i fitted it in aporx 1 hour with no problems , i had to use a donut ring from my D15B , as i did not have one the right size ,
at first i had it all bolted up to my ome pipe work , and it gave the car a lot more pull at all revs , on cars made for the UK befor 90 thay did not come fitted with a cat , so i dont know what the fitmet would be like , but it bolted up 100% for me ,
after about 3 week i got my new pipe work and back box , now the car pulls like crazy , and i have had a very large + in power ,
so for the money i payed i am very happy.
I hope this helps someone get the idear of what the megan header is like,
for the money i think it is a very nicely made bit of kit !!!!!!
like i said my twin carb set up loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm used to have a Megan Header when I first started modding my Y8 and was pretty impressed with the type of quality it actually gave me....big difference in power didn't see much of a difference when I dumped it for a greddy but my friend has it on his CRX Si and still that header has not cracked around the welds nor any problem and that header has been around in use for more than a year and a half so it has outlasted its warranty period!!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i had a full megan exhaust on my old Ej1 4-2-1 header, hi-flow cat and the cat back exhaust. i really like the way it sound.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Give it a couple of months it will look like this. A piece of shit.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
...ohh noo , what happen to that . rust like crazy ! , i went with the "spoon sports header " off ebay , paid about $160 for it, think it might have been a generic w/ spoon badge welded on , although it looks real good, no rust and its been on a good while, good luck w/ your megan header though ,ive herd alot of good reviews on their products

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Just another copy from a 3rd world country..... ebay stainless IMO is better for the money.. $48 including shipping

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Crazy, I've had mine on for a year and just finished driving with it on all winter (canada) know problems at all. Just went a golden brown, but know rust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
...ohh noo , what happen to that . rust like crazy ! , i went with the "spoon sports header " off ebay , paid about $160 for it, think it might have been a generic w/ spoon badge welded on , although it looks real good, no rust and its been on a good while, good luck w/ your megan header though ,ive herd alot of good reviews on their products
oh man that sucks. But you can always clean it up real good and paint it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That header looks like crap 2 years into it mine is still nice and chrome $55 shipped ebay

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mines been on 4 years , still fine if a bit dull !!
at the time you could not get a header in the UK , for under 600 usd ,

so this was a very cheap option for me , and it worked ,
like i said on my 88 i had a 4-1 pos , this may not be the best header , but at the time , for 60 usd it done the trick !

1 - 20 of 49 Posts