Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install my boost guage and i need to know where to pull vaccum from. the line is 1/8" i believe......if that matters

i dont know exactly how to tap into a vaccum line either, as it is my first boost controller install. Any tips or step by steps on that?

also, to wire up the lighting on the guage, will 14 guage speaker wire be okay to use?

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i t'd mine into the fpr vacuum line, works great. for the light wire just match up whatever the bulb uses. it won't draw very much current so a small gauge wire will be fine.
how exactly did you t it in? did you use a t fitting?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my vaccum line is only 1/8".......its very small.....its hard clear plastic. Do they make a t connector that small?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
my vaccum line is only 1/8".......its very small.....its hard clear plastic. Do they make a t connector that small?
you may have to do what I did with mine when I had my mechanical gauge. I took a slightly larger piece of rubber hose and slid the plastic one into to it so it would go on the t.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you may have to do what I did with mine when I had my mechanical gauge. I took a slightly larger piece of rubber hose and slid the plastic one into to it so it would go on the t.
thanks man.......im gonna go and try to pick up a t and some extra vaccum line.

do you know the size of the oem vaccum line? also, is the oem size good enough to run with the wastegate and bov and everything? im asking because i might as well pick up the other vaccum lines while im there....

thanks

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I posted a thread about vacuum line sizes last night as well. If you got an auto meter boost gauge it should have came with an adapter for the hard plastic tube. At least mine came with something like that.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
If you need vac for all that I would get a vac block or something to pull off of.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I posted a thread about vacuum line sizes last night as well. If you got an auto meter boost gauge it should have came with an adapter for the hard plastic tube. At least mine came with something like that.
:TU: on the autometer piece...I accidentally lost mine...lol

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
:TU: on the autometer piece...I accidentally lost mine...lol
it is an autometer.......but, i bought it from a friend and it didnt come with an adapter...

oh well, i just bought some stuff to get it done.

i was going to run the little 1/8" vac line into a slightly larger one, and use some silicone and some heat shrink. Hopefully that will work.

and i have a vaccum manifold, but the problem still lies on how small the vaccum line is, but i should have it finished tonight.

thanks for the help

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
hurry up and get that bitch running, I want a video asap :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
You could just thread a compression fitting into the vac block. Then use a plastic or metal compression ring. The metal could possibly cut the line if you tighten it to much...The aarow is the compression ring...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hurry up and get that bitch running, I want a video asap :)
car SHOULD be up and running by friday (should meaning im still wating on IM, which should be here friday!!!). My ecu was shipped out today with the basemap........problem is that i may not be able to get it tuned until like middle to end of next week. so ill have to baby it around at 8psi for a few days....

but im mounting the turbo tonight, and finishing the IC piping to the turbo. I still need to do all of the little things like hook up boost gauge, oil lines, fuel pump, map sensor, custom fit the dsm injectors, resistor box, ect.........

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Get a compression fitting for the nylon hose. You can get them at any auto part store. They use a brass crush sleeve to clamp the hose. No point in ghetto rigging.

I teed off the MAP sensor line, so my gauge reads the same as my Map sensor...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get a compression fitting for the nylon hose. You can get them at any auto part store. They use a brass crush sleeve to clamp the hose. No point in ghetto rigging.

I teed off the MAP sensor line, so my gauge reads the same as my Map sensor...
yeah, i think im going to just get a compression fitting line.....i dont want to start rigging things. My vaccum manifold fittings are plastic, so will the metal compression fitting fit onto that without worries?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i would recommend not using the fpr vacuum as a source. tap your vacuum mani into the brake booster vacuum.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i would recommend not using the fpr vacuum as a source. tap your vacuum mani into the brake booster vacuum.
ehh.......i think im going to end up running where the map sensor is just because what the map sensor is seeing is the most important and accurate.

But thanks for the input. i apprecaite it :TU:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i ran mine off the fpr and i think that will be just as accurate. is this true?? or should i put it on the MAP line?
youll be fine.......i wouldnt worry about it, especially if you have the line ran already. If it reads vaccum and boost and your setup is running good, then why change it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts