Honda D Series Forum banner

Me Vs 04 GT Stang 5spd

1K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  christopher_davis 
#1 ·
I got off work around 8:30 and i was heading back to my house when a Maroon Mustang GT 5spd pulled up next to me and gave me the "your honda is gay" look. Whatever i think, i am tired and going home. So i kept going and right as i got to the turn for my appt, i said, eh why not lets see where this goes.
We go though traffic a bit more with me ahead driving normal and i see the upcoming light turns red and the person thats in front of me gets into the turning lane. THere is someone next to me so the stang gets in my lane.

Light goes green, i pull out 1st gear like normal and shift into second pulling away from the person next to me so the stang can get over. The stang guns it and whips in the passenger lane quick(pulls his bumper to my 1/4 panel) and i just wrap out second gear, shift into third and start pulling and put it in forth, wind it out and i was about 2 and half cars ahead of him.

He pulls up next to me and made the excuse of all stock, so i told him its just a 4 cylinder with intake, header and exhaust. He yells back "no turbo? nitrous? supercharger?" I shake my head no and hes like man whatever, and down shifts and takes off.

I love it!

See less See more
#4 ·
i cant wait till i can do that! hopefull my h2b swap will be runnin when my ecu gets here monday! wOOOOOT!

#5 ·
does it dip out of vtec when u shift? what rpms r u revvin to?

#6 ·
tuned on crome pro by myself, vtec lowered to 4,800rpm, shifting at 7,400 7,500. IABS i think are 5,100

Doesnt fall out of vtec at all like that, stock i'm sure it would

#7 ·
yea i kno stock does. my redline is gonna be 7500 iabs are stuck wide open cuz im using chipped p28 and vtec lowered to 5k i believe

#8 ·
also have u taken ur setup to the track yet?

#9 ·
last time i went, i pulled a 14.9@99 with a broken tps. it was like 32 degrees out and everybody that was running 12's was running 13s due to the weather and cold asphalt.

I will go back once i fix the broken cross-member!

#10 ·
how did u break the crossmember?

#11 ·
damn 14.9 what was ur 60' and 1/8th?

#12 ·
I threw the slip away because of the ET. It spun forever because the track was sooooooooooo cold

just kinda broke one day, launching it. I have the strongest stock setup you can have. I have complete 1993 Accord Axles and Half Shaft. And it probably would have broken an axle and instead crossmember gave away.

#13 ·
damn... i have b series axles. idk how long those are gonna last. o well lifetime warrenty ftw

#14 ·
But your axles sit straight, your setup is stronger, but from factory honda and the way normal H22 swaps sit, i have a stronger setup then the average straight h22 swap..

#15 ·
if u go to the track again lmk what u run. my buddy with a stragiht h swap in a civic hatch he had intake, header and was runnin 12.5 on street tires and 12.2 on slicks

#17 ·
i doubt it. he had three h swaps like that over the years. all of them same times and same mods lmao. im hopin to be around there

#19 ·
yea.. well me and my friend ryan the guy with the h swaps were also the only people to hit 14's at our local track with a z6 with just intake,header, exhaust sooo idk? good drivers?

#20 ·
i mean remix (the guy who owns akmee cams) raced at our local track. he had intake,tb, skunk mani, header, stage 2 akmee cams, springs, retainers,cam gear, fully tuned, lsd,clutch,fly and he was completely gutted and he was runnin 14.68 to my 14.71...

#21 ·
i wonder if its your area, i pulled 15.23 with I/H/E but at like 90.8MPH in my sedan, but thats my fault as far as 60'.

So i am gonna lean towards really good drivers. i respect that!

#22 ·
lol we will see once i get this stupid car running! ill take it out once i get 500 mile on the clutch. idk if im gonna run slicks yet or not.. we will see

#24 ·
if i run slicks it will be because im greedy and wanna hit good times and will risk breakin a axles. but i dont really wanna break a axle! lol

#26 ·
o i will. but b series axles just arent meant for the tq.... we will see. i need 600 for axles..DAMMIT! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.