Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so ever since i put my MBC on i've had nothing but problems from this car. its a ball and spring home depot style but with a bleed hole.

its hooked up correctly as far as i know, boost source comes in the ball side and then out to the bottom port of the wastegate.

when i first put it on i had it adjusted up too high, blew my headgasket etc, fixed all that turned it down to 18psi, but even the first pull with the MBC on i had VERY late boost. it would go from 0 vacuum to 10psi in one huge jump but up around 5000rpm, then climb to 18psi. i turned it down just because there is no point in daily driving with that much boost. the best way to explain it was more of a hit of nitrous than spooling up.

well i broke my motor mount (into 2 pieces) at the track sunday, replaced the mounts with solid ones today and did some logging, and it was exactly as described above. i then took the MBC off and logged again, hitting 10psi by 4000rpm without the MBC, and it feels so much stronger, on the 10psi wastegate spring i'm hitting 12psi, and 12psi without the MBC is ALOT stronger than 12psi with the MBC.......

what gives? i can pick up a halman locally for $30 should i get it, or just hook up the PWM boost and run it through the ecu? i prefer to be able to adjust boost without using the laptop which is why i havent hooked up PWM yet.

any help?

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'd need help figuring out how to do that....

i know how to hook the mac solenoid up but other than that there really is no help anywhere.

i completely forgot that was even an option, glad you said that, i was about to order a dual stage boost controller with switch.

anybody have any other insight on the original post, or help hooking up the PWM with a switch for hi/low......

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It holds steady and will increase boost like its supposed to just makes boost come on a lot later and all at once.

Picking up the turboxs mbc in a few minutes.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, have you ever asked a question over there? i have, and you get treated like an idiot. if its not a software or hardware problem you get pretty much much no help.

i pretty much know how to set it up and do the PWM corrections as if i were going to do boost by gear, but using a switch confuses me.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i have it figured out, but help me out here.

wire it up where its normally open, switch off would be wastegate (low boost) and then set high boost level to whatever duty cycle gets me the PSI i want, and when i flip the switch the solenoid goes to XX duty cycle and i get high boost?

it would probably help if i actually looked at the settings in the software, probably answer some of my questions anyways.

only reason i havent messed with it is because i'm worried about overboosting, but i guess i could use boost cut to play it safe and go up a little at a time, just time consuming that way i guess.

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
never had that problem and sometimes my questions r on the stupid side lol. I think its like a input u would use with a switch and it would be if the swith is open u get 10 psi in all gears if the switch is closed u get 5 in 1st 10 in 2nd 15 in 3rd etc. they use inputs like p/s pressure switch, a/c switch and u can do other setups just like switch maps at the flip of a switch.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what confuses me the "using" inputs.

i guess its the same as wiring the solenoid to a11 or whatever boost control is i'd just wire it to another unused input, but then what? still have to have a switch to make it go from low/high?

thats the confusing part, and the reason i chose the MBC over the PWM boost control.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Get a Hallman and call it a day. I've never had any issues with my Hallman. My buddies have all used the DIY Home Depot and the TurboXS and they've all gotten rid of them and either went PWM or Hallman.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts