Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 hatch with the z6 that i am gathering parts to do a custom turbo setup. i already have a rhb5 vj11 turbo from a mx6 gt and the intercooler, and i have a 2 1/4 in exhaust with test pipe. i could also get the injectors from the mx6 for really cheap but i am unsure if they will work for my setup? i think they are like 310's or 330's i only plan on running 8 psi with a walbro 190 fuel pump. will these injectors work?? any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
835 Posts
310 is definitely pushing it for 8 psi... i dont know how big of a turbo that is, but i would still think 310 would be a little too small... play it safe and get either dsm 390s or 450s

·
D-series WTF?!?!
3,674 Posts
dude up here^^^ got a point sticl to the DSm 450 the combonation is deadly but Honda is about Experimenting and riskin it all the way so I say give it a try and fine tune it then let us know the details of ur build afterwards!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the turbo is a pretty small piece (fast spool, low rpm power) it was previously running 15 psi on that mx6 gt and the guy was running high 13's to low 14's apparently the injectors were enough to support that 15 psi on that setup, but my question was more like will they fit into the stock rail on my hatch? modification? i figured that someone may have already tried them. how much would a set of dsm 450's run me, and where can they be had

·
Registered
835 Posts
the turbo is a pretty small piece (fast spool, low rpm power) it was previously running 15 psi on that mx6 gt and the guy was running high 13's to low 14's apparently the injectors were enough to support that 15 psi on that setup, but my question was more like will they fit into the stock rail on my hatch? modification? i figured that someone may have already tried them. how much would a set of dsm 450's run me, and where can they be had
if they were on an mx6, then are you trying to tell me that they were in a 6 cylinder car? or was it a 4cyl mx6?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is 2.2 turbo intercooled 4 cyl., and i don't really know much about the injectors other than what i have already said

·
Registered
835 Posts
if they were already on a turbo car, then i guess they would be adequate for boost, but it all depends on how much boost the mx6 ran compared to what you are planning... i wouldnt quite feel comfortable putting 310s in just because of the fact that if one leans out, engine go boom!

·
cool title
1,698 Posts
310's will probably be too small. i had the turbo on my first setup and used 440cc injectors. mx-6's are like 140hp stock with that turbo pushing about 9psi. you will probably make more power running the stock pressure than that guy made running his 15psi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts