Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Above
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if this car is in the States (but I'm sure it is):

50mph to 75mph in 3.5seconds in 3rd Gear,in forth just a tad more.Porche 911 3.6 seconds.
I read a review on this car and it looks like a real nice 4 Door Hatchie,what do you guys reckon?

·
Registered
315 Posts
They have been out in the UK now for about 2 years in standard form and they have had good reviews just them seem to be a bit underated TBH. Suppose being owned by Ford now puts a lot of Jap car fans off?!

Chris ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dunno if this car is in the States (but I'm sure it is):

50mph to 75mph in 3.5seconds in 3rd Gear,in forth just a tad more.Porche 911 3.6 seconds.
I read a review on this car and it looks like a real nice 4 Door Hatchie,what do you guys reckon?
not impressed at all....i put about 2 bus lengths on one from a 60 roll....
and he tried to do the ricer flyby after...but it wasnt happening...:haha:

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
They are making a Mazdaspeed 3 this year in the states. It uses the same turbo motor that the Mazdaspeed 6 uses. Just no AWD. I think it's like 263 HP. they claim a top speed of 155* mph. Not bad.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The Mazda 6 MPS appears to be underwhelming from all of the reviews I've read, it's a nice powerful tourer but not a sportscar like a WRX or an Evo. More of a BMW competer.

I kind of expect the 3 to give the same general impression.

By the way, the Ford Focus RS bettered that acceleration figure 4 years ago. ;)

·
Registered
see my car lol
81 Posts
it's a mazda! it'll blow up in a lil while :D lmao j/k :lol:
but yeah the focus has been doing that or a while! /\
i dont really care, cause i'll put bus lengths on em anyways too! :lol: ;)
on a good note, they're prob fun to drive though! ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Motor is a direct injection turbo making 260hp ish and just a bit more torque. Its the most kick ass motor Mazda has put out ever. Its got all kinds of traction control goodies and its a five door.

I love it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The Motor is a direct injection turbo making 260hp ish and just a bit more torque. Its the most kick ass motor Mazda has put out ever. Its got all kinds of traction control goodies and its a five door.

I love it.
from what i hear; it limits torque in 1st and 2nd gear to limit spinning; sounds liek a good idea to me... but MS6 > MS3 IMO....

·
Registered
168 Posts
ms6 is a pig, none of the respectable car magazines liked it. they are all raving about the MS3 though. You guys that are putting buslengths on these cars have to remember that this thing is heavy...it has 4 door AND a hatch. The ride quality WAY surpasses anything we drive (cheap old hondas)....its a great car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts