Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me vs lightly moded d16y8

When we launched, we didnt have a proper start. He nodded, then he did too, then a guy that followed us and was watching us, said he was going to honk 3 times, well he did it but The other guy and I were looking at each other. Then he went. Then I took off out of confusion. I cought up to him in the top of second gear, and FLEW past him. I'm not kidding. I was doing AT LEAST 10mph if not more faster than him when I past him. After that, I gave up and looked back and he was back there 2 if not 2 1/2 cars back.

I serously coulden't believe how hard I pulled. He coulden't either. we wen't back to the spot where we hung out at and he was so shocked with others.

I know now that at launch my flywheel is too light, and exhaust too big, but when it wraps up, it pulls so hard.. I kinda want to keep the flywheel..

·
Registered
same^^^
678 Posts
Stay with stock if you've got the traction on slicks from a dig. That's pretty much what the purpose is. I've lightened my stocker to about 13-12lbs. and it's nice, but I'm going back to stock with the rebuild. I need more stored energy for the launch on slicks.
-josh-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts