Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the safest the d16 can be bored out to. stock is 75mm correct? how far can you go on stock sleeves, and how far on aftermarket sleeves. and what would the final displacement be. do they sell stroker cranks for our motors.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can use the crank. i was more interested in the maximum bore size.

ryan

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
yes there is a zc motor that was all the way to a 1.8.

but with aftermarket sleeves u can get 78mm pistons.

with a combo of both d17 internals and 78mm piston it get pretty big!

But is not good to stroke our motora because that make them even less square there for its harder to make good tourge. but gets some good sleeves and bore her out it makes it more square and helps pretty good.

there ya go

RC

·
Registered
857 Posts
You can get 79mm sleeves and pistons from JGE, that makes your engine to 1765cc. That's 10% more displacement, and roughly 10% more power and torque all the way. Has potential for even more, because compression bumps up nicely and bigger bore helps valve shrouding a lot in these engines.
D17 crank (94.4mm stroke) would increase that to 1850cc.

I wouldn't bore stock sleeves bigger than 75.5mm, is you're looking for high power/rpm.

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
You can get 79mm sleeves and pistons from JGE, that makes your engine to 1765cc. That's 10% more displacement, and roughly 10% more power and torque all the way. Has potential for even more, because compression bumps up nicely and bigger bore helps valve shrouding a lot in these engines.
D17 crank (94.4mm stroke) would increase that to 1850cc.

I wouldn't bore stock sleeves bigger than 75.5mm, is you're looking for high power/rpm.
thanks for the info my N/a buddy thats sick shit man thanks!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
2.0L SOHC D motor has been done.......but a 1.5L was faster, go figure.

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
R&D/Bisimoto

Didn't read the magazine article?

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I remeber seeing a sohc stroker kit on ebay a few years ago. customs flat top pistons, regroud crank, and custom crower rods... they wanted 1500 at the time...
I would be interested in a destroked and higher revving d16, such as endyne's...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
Like a D15B crank in a D16 block????

Main bearings are the only thing stopping me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What mains do you need?

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Like a D15B crank in a D16 block????

Main bearings are the only thing stopping me.
Why don't you get lopez to regrind you a crankshaft? IIRC they are fairly reasonable cost wise and do great work (Bisi's motors???)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
Regrind????

first, I'd be going from 45mm to 55mm mains, either weld up the crank or find spacers for the mains.

Adding .250" before grinding to 5 mains and then grinding, likely to warp the crank.

Although, I have hammered a steel crank to straighten it, not what I wanna do to a I-4 motor.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Regrind a d16 crank, and offset the rod journals. then run diff rods...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
thats $750+

Spacers will be cheaper.......

·
Registered
39 Posts
so what would it take to run a d17 crank in a d16 block and would the hp gain be worth it?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts