Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is awesome - I know a lot of you have seen his site but have any of you seen his work first hand, very very nice. I sent him my old D16Z6 Throttle body with a bad TPS on it and for $135 ($35 for the TPS) he dissassembles, ports to your specs, sand blasts and refits a new valve plate. This thing looks like new - I ported mine to 60mm - I was a little worried about the thickness of the sidewalls before I got it back but they seem plenty thick.I have a new TPS bolted on and now I'm just wating on my exospeed head and I'll get it bolted on - here's a couple pics for you guys... Jorge is a great guy and does great work!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Holy badass...

How can I get ahold of this guy? I need to do my ZC TB, and that's some damn nice work...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
kommon_sense said:
A complete B-Series TB with sensors is typically around $100+. Also keep in mind that www.maxbore.com can bore to *YOUR* specs. This may not be the most cost effective option for a d-series, but it is really a deal for someone with a 60mm TB already and wants to go larger.
also good for the y8 auto and y7 that has the three wire iacv.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
kommon_sense said:
A complete B-Series TB with sensors is typically around $100+. Also keep in mind that www.maxbore.com can bore to *YOUR* specs. This may not be the most cost effective option for a d-series, but it is really a deal for someone with a 60mm TB already and wants to go larger.
You CAN'T bore over 60mm with D16 TB (I suppose that all D are similar), I did really nice job by myself on mine (I'm machinist too), and at 60mm (d16y7 TB), THIN wall for thighting CAI, Over that It may shrink and destroy vaccuum passages, and for now at 60mm trottle plate bushings are little bit touched. If you want to bore over than 60, go with B or H TB. That's it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guest said:
Rip-off! You can get a B or H Series TB for $50.00, maybe less.
I bought a used throttle body, actually 2 of em and the one I installed is junk - my idle bounces cause the betterfly valve sticks when it's closed and the ecu has to bounce the throttle to keep it between stalling and 2000 rpms. If you can find a B or H TB for $50 the reason it's $50 is probably cause it's a used hunk of shit like my used one - but the maxbore one I got is completely disassembled and cleaned and bored - smooth action from closed to WOT - and a working TPS - for $135 - no that's not a rip off - a BBK 62mm throttle body for $285 is a rip off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts