Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a stock z6.What would be a safe psi range to run on it having 150,000 + miles?I searched everywhere on the forum to find this info but nothing.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Depends on turbo, condition of the motor, etc. Do a compression check to make sure it's healthy and go for it. I was running 8.5-9psi on my 15g on a block with 195,000 on it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
well depends on the condition of the rings, wouldnt go over 6 psi without an intercooler though

·
Registered
100 Posts
well depends on the condition of the rings, wouldnt go over 6 psi without an intercooler though
i wouldn't turbo my car without an intercooler. even if i had to use a dsm sidemount it is better than nothing and those are very cheap.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome!!Thanks for the help guys I have all my components ready to install but was to afraid I'd blow the motor even at the base 4-5psi.I just wanna be sure since its my DD and my only transportation

·
Registered
140 Posts
Awesome!!Thanks for the help guys I have all my components ready to install but was to afraid I'd blow the motor even at the base 4-5psi.I just wanna be sure since its my DD and my only transportation
Like mentioned above, do a compression test and shoot us back the results or just search the site for what the compression test should say....

"Base 4-5 psi..." Please dont turbo the car with one of those eBay ecu's/chips...Take your only transportation to a dyno and have it done correctly with ppl who do it on a daily basis....

Stock Z6's i see upwards of 11 psi but thats just me and our tune sessions...your stock MAP sensor will read 10.7, which is enough for roughly 200-215 wheel (depending on condition of block and tuner's knowledge of course)

Case and point, before you slap ur turbo setup on the car - drive the car to a local shop/tuner/dyno and ask Q's about a tune session and what they like to use on Honda setups....

~mike

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i would say leak down and comp. test if you are still in the green then i would boost to about 8-10 psi. anymore then that it gets a little scary

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
i would say leak down and comp. test if you are still in the green then i would boost to about 8-10 psi. anymore then that it gets a little scary
good way to put it... I am at 11lbs on my stock y8 motor and it has been running like a champ... and thats the y8! lol as long as you have a good compression... you change the oil(use good oil) all the time..... you should be fine! Good luck!

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
good answer. listen to himVVVVVVV

Like mentioned above, do a compression test and shoot us back the results or just search the site for what the compression test should say....

"Base 4-5 psi..." Please dont turbo the car with one of those eBay ecu's/chips...Take your only transportation to a dyno and have it done correctly with ppl who do it on a daily basis....

Stock Z6's i see upwards of 11 psi but thats just me and our tune sessions...your stock MAP sensor will read 10.7, which is enough for roughly 200-215 wheel (depending on condition of block and tuner's knowledge of course)

Case and point, before you slap ur turbo setup on the car - drive the car to a local shop/tuner/dyno and ask Q's about a tune session and what they like to use on Honda setups....

~mike

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome thanks for all the help.What viscosity oil do you guys recommend?And to make up for the oil return line and turbo shouldn't I put in more quarts than the stock recommended amount?If so how much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts