Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
I want to know what the max hp I can get on a d16z6 turbo without having to send it to the machine shop. We will be installing the Pistons and rods and anything else I find that will need to be upgraded ourselves. However I want to save as much time as possible because I want to get it running on the track. So what's a reasonable hp goal? I want to run around 20-25 pounds of boost

I will also be getting a professional dyno tune

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you used the search feature in the forum you would have been able to find several threads about this particular subject. I've read that cranks give out anywhere between 402 and 657 hp and sleeves are about the same. If you want a better answer you can search, it's much faster and will contain less sarcasm.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
all the power.

psi means dick

rods fail at 200.

machine work wouldn't hurt for cylinders/block/head.

cheap. fast. reliable. pick 2

search feature is your friend.

how'd you get the red dot?

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the power.

psi means dick

rods fail at 200.

machine work wouldn't hurt for cylinders/block/head.

cheap. fast. reliable. pick 2

search feature is your friend.

how'd you get the red dot?
I'm not really worried about the cost. I would just like to have it on the track in the next month and if I send the block to the machine shop. I just saw a complete swap for an h22a for 1100 and I will be doing the swap along with a few of my friends so I won't be paying. Is it better to do the H swap with a cheap ~$1000 turbo kit, or to get a cheap kit and build the single cam? What are reasonable numbers to expect from a stock turbo h22?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
do you know what h series sleeves are made with? have you done any reading at all into whats compatible?

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
I'm not really worried about the cost.
Then send the car and parts to me with $50k and I will send it back to you with a turbo motor in it.

I would just like to have it on the track in the next month and if I send the block to the machine shop.
A month is not a lot of time to buy part, have machine work done, build a motor, install a motor and a turbo kit, tune the motor and get it running reliably...

Is it better to do the H swap with a cheap ~$1000 turbo kit, or to get a cheap kit and build the single cam?
What are your goals?

What are reasonable numbers to expect from a stock turbo h22?
What are your goals?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts