Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on turboing my d15 within a month or two..however how soon i can do it ofcourse depends on the money. So the question is how much hp can a stock d15 clutch handle. Im looking to put down about 150whp, should i be okay?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Brand new stock replacement clutch or clutch that's already in the car with...........nevermind, upgrade it to a 6-puck street/strip disc.

Honda clutch discs are wimpy. :fruit:

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
civic_man said:
I plan on turboing my d15 within a month or two..however how soon i can do it ofcourse depends on the money. So the question is how much hp can a stock d15 clutch handle. Im looking to put down about 150whp, should i be okay?
how much are you going to be racing? if not that much than you will be okay but go the extra mile and get at least a stage 1

D

·
0 Posts
Atleast stage 1. I'm goin' stage 2 with only like 140whp. Mine slips bad and it's only 9 months old.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decev said:
Atleast stage 1. I'm goin' stage 2 with only like 140whp. Mine slips bad and it's only 9 months old.
I was going to get a Center Force Dual Friction, but i pisses me off that im gonna have to pay someone $200 or over to install it. But if i could get away with it for a bit and do it later, thats another option.

K

·
0 Posts
You'll need to upgrade your clutch for sure. My little bro del sol with the b7 was slipping like crazy. And it was only ar 6 psi. Just get an aftermarket disc if you don't want to spent money on a complete clutch set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts