Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

What is the MAX recommended boost for a D16ZC w/ stock internals, using a T3/T4 turbo?

Currentlyit runs at 0.5bar and I want to rise the pressure as far as possible, keeping the engine reliable.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
A t3/t4 is only the f$%#*ING flange size it is not the a/r or trim or nothing of any concern except for what flange on the turbo and turbo Mani.

But each turbo flows a different amount of air I suggest you find out what size you turbo is and then find a compressor map on it.

A t25 is not gonna flow the same amount of cfm as a gt30

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's not about how much boost you can safely run. 10lbs of boost on a t25 will not yield as much power as 10lbs of boost on a GT30. I've been out of this for awhile, but it was always safe to say a stock D could handle anywhere from 220whp to 250whp if properly tuned.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is A/R 50 and it's written in my signature..

Is that enough or should I search more information about the turbo?

·
Registered
114 Posts
you dont really want to "MAX" out on a stock internal z6, i daily my t25 stock z6 at 7-10lbs.. and have lasted for YEARS... i know for a fact if i give her any more she's gonna hate me for it

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to know what is the approx MAX boost I can use, and still leave the engine reliable as possible.
I thought about raising it from 0.5bar to 0.7/0.8bar.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
If your turbo/setup makes 10lbs, you're not talking about volume.

No matter what turbo, if they support/make 10lbs at the same rpm, they will make the same power.

You're link is about PSI. We're not talking pressure, we're talking mass (per unit of time).
yea cfm is what we rate turbos in :D

but to the op turn it up till it starts to break the motor then back it off.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, I got it.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.