Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
With 310-450cc injectors being so cheap why risk it? It's something like 140-160 whp,the psi level doesn't mean anything.Dsm 450s can be had for 40-50 bucks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ARRRGH!!! LOL Gas is so damn High$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.I am trying to minimize my gas use since my commute is 1 hr two ways everyday that was why I asked.I am only running 4-5 lbs right now until I get tuned.In the long run I only plan to run 10-12 psi max

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
I am only running 4-5 lbs right now until I get tuned

The stock injectors may still be ok, but I hope your not running a stock fuel map too. Like everyone said, staying out of boost and having everything tuned properly will maximize your mileage.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The stock injectors may still be ok, but I hope your not running a stock fuel map too. Like everyone said, staying out of boost and having everything tuned properly will maximize your mileage.
Stock fuel map?refresh me I just threw the kit on myself and am still in a semi-noob state.Are you speaking of the map sensor?lol I just got my ostrich so I'm almost there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stock fuel map?refresh me I just threw the kit on myself and am still in a semi-noob state.Are you speaking of the map sensor?lol I just got my ostrich so I'm almost there.
Stock fuel Map = Stock NA Settings for fuel & ignition

U'll have to have ur OBD1 ECU board re-mapped for the boost settings

Tune Session FTW on reliability and MPG :TU:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stock fuel Map = Stock NA Settings for fuel & ignition

U'll have to have ur OBD1 ECU board re-mapped for the boost settings

Tune Session FTW on reliability and MPG :TU:
How would I go about getting a re-map? I was told to get an ostrich,hu log,burn 1, a chip kit then I would be finished.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
you should not drive it untuned but upgrade em and if tuned correctly your gasmilage wont be that bad

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I do know some of the basics but not all.This is my second kit.On my first turbo'd car I ran the same setup(different motor) untuned for 3 yrs,only problem I ever had was an intercooler coupling blow off under boost.I was told by members here that if I kept the boost low I'd be fine till I get my ostrich setup.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts