Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering since im beefing up this d16z9 i have. i want it to run at around 12:1 CR. (we have octane 95 and 98 here, also 102 but thats getting to expensive :p ) i reckon i could go even a tad higher but dont want to load up the engine to much.

my question is. its a tad hard to get p29 pistons here. the other option would be getting a 2 layer d16y8 gasket and milling it down. but to get anywhere near the wanted 12:1 i would have to mill .1 inch. thats allot tbh. but i dont know the max milling one could do.

so i wonder. do allot of effort(ordering from egay usa and risk being scammed) or just mill it down. and how much could one mill maximum.

the used calc is :Honda D-Series Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks. its a d16z9 with same properties as a d16z6. base cr of 9.2

grtz

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
95/98/102 MON, RON, or (R+M)/2 ??

you should be able to take off around .080 without any issues. over on onecamonly.com there are a lot of guys who like to mill heads to the extreme. that might be a better place to ask your question

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers, .08 sounds good already. will give me 11.3 aproxx.

actually no clue about the fuel. they all it euro 95 euro 98 and bp ultimate or that shell vpower. guess its not a constant quality also but here in the netherlands 95 is pretty much the lowest u can get.

ill ask on that forum also later tonight. but any other input is apreciated!

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
well here in north america we rate our fuel by averaging the motor and research octane values, which give a lower "number" than the European fuel has.

that doesnt mean our fuel has a lower octane value in practice.

our 94oct is equivalent to your 98 oct. so if you can get 98 RON you shouldnt have any detonation issues around 12:1.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
There is no such think as a 2-layer Y8 gasket. =( I wish this internet myth would die.

All OEM 3-layer D-series MLS headgaskets compress to about .027-.028" thick. There are OEM 5-layer MLS gaskets designed for the older engines that used graphite gaskets.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no such think as a 2-layer Y8 gasket. =( I wish this internet myth would die.

All OEM 3-layer D-series MLS headgaskets compress to about .027-.028" thick. There are OEM 5-layer MLS gaskets designed for the older engines that used graphite gaskets.
mmm... strange. thought i readt sumwhere that people removed one of the 3 layers to make it a 2 layer. removing the 1 layer makes it thinner thus making compression abit higher?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
mmm... strange. thought i readt sumwhere that people removed one of the 3 layers to make it a 2 layer. removing the 1 layer makes it thinner thus making compression abit higher?
you can do that if u wish, but you cant buy them like that from Honda.:bigok:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts