Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
wise in the ways of the B
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....So my car doesn't like oil or something.... Here's some pics. Anybody know where the hell the oil is coming from?

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Anybody?

·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
possibly your oil pan gasket.. have you checked underneath with it jacked up anywhere besides where it lands?
It appears to drip onto the exhaust and then from there to the tie bar, then off, on to the ground.

Breather chamber? Valve cover?

Get under there and look. What has the most oil/dirt buildup on it?
Most oil and dirt was on the exhaust and tie bar.

·
Registered
721 Posts
oilpan gasket...there are only few spots that it could leak from, oil pan gasket seems to be the week link in honda gaskets...I've had 5 hondas, and everyone of them I've had to replace the oil pan gasket...make sure your oil filter is tight too...is there build up ABOVE the oil filter?? is there oil above the oil filter?? it would suck if it was a headgasket...the oil run off seems really clean though, so it must be a rather large leak...jack the car up put some oil in it, wipe all the oil currently on it off, and then start thebitch up and physically look for where the leak is commin from

·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright. I'll do it tomorrow. I don't have time to do it today. Thanks for the help all! :D

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
breather box, might wanna change your PCV valve.........

HAve you EVER changed your PCV valve?????

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
B-series oil leaks from the following most of the time

*Cam seal <---happens to all of them
*distributor o-rings
*valve cover gasket
*oil pan gasket
*drain plug washer worn out
*breather box-pcv not working properly
*vtec solenoid gasket
*tranny axel seals - maybe:sadface:
*oil filter has 2 gaskets due to the newbie lube not removing the old one.

*best method is to jack the bish up and start it on jack stands of coarse and watch as it drips or spews out...try to clean up the old oil first so that you start with a clean area ...good luck and its going to be the cam seal or oil filter ...who wants to bet?

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
matt go to to the auto store, get 6 tall cans of brake cleaner, spray the shit outta all the oil and dirt and such that you see, then look for leaks.

once you do this it will free up where the dirt and oil are, usually making more oil and such come out.....but at least you will know where it is coming from.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
*oil filter has 2 gaskets due to the newbie lube not removing the old one.
Haha, that happened to me at the tuners! I just couldn't figure out why my precious "new" engine used so much oil.
Suddently I saw a pool of oil after the car staying in one place for a while.
Jacked it up, felt around the filter, and behold: Gasket material...

Man was I relieved. Hasn't used any oil since :TU:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts