Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting all my stuff needed to get my car dyno tuned as was wondering what map sensor I should get, I hear you can use a GM one?

Thanks

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
i was just going to get a 3 bar GM map sensor

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
as of right now nothing it's just completely stock not even arp head studs lol
however i'm building a complete motor with cp pistons eagle rods. Head has fierara 1mm oversize valves, zex 59500 cam, super tech springs and retainers and a port and polished with skunk 2 intake manifold with 62mm holley throttle body. looking to get 450 with race gas and about 325 with pump gas.
my whole goal was to get into the sevens with completely stock motor and trans mission without lsd however i fell just short of it. and this was all done in a 95 del sol si.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as of right now nothing it's just completely stock not even arp head studs lol
however i'm building a complete motor with cp pistons eagle rods. Head has fierara 1mm oversize valves, zex 59500 cam, super tech springs and retainers and a port and polished with skunk 2 intake manifold with 62mm holley throttle body. looking to get 450 with race gas and about 325 with pump gas.
my whole goal was to get into the sevens with completely stock motor and trans mission without lsd however i fell just short of it. and this was all done in a 95 del sol si.
hell yeah man that's awesome, what are you using to tune with?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If your goal is 450 just go ahead and get an OMNI 4 bar map or Hondata 4 bar which is the same as the omni. You can grab an omni off ebay for like 100.00

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
hell yeah man that's awesome, what are you using to tune with?
well with my stock motor set up i was just using fmu apexi vafc2 and rc 440's.
however i highly don't recommend that for three hundred i knew i was pushing the limits however it lasted 72000 miles like this and still is going.

now with my build i'm using Hondata s300 with rc 750cc.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
for the map sensor. use the one thats closer to the boost you will be running.
if your only going to run 20psi no need for a 4bar.
2.5bar is good to 21.75psi
do some searching and you will find what map sensors got to what psi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts