Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i had read somewhere that you can put a resitor or a pot inline with the signal wire to bring the voltage down to 3 volts on the map sensor so it does not throw a cel... is this correct and what size resistor? i assume its on signal wire or on the volt lines?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
never heard of doing that, why not just get a 2 or 3 bar?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cause resister is cheaper... i just want that in until my actual turbo built motor lol... this motor i have right now is turbo stock motor.. throws a cel for map sensor high circuit

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried the check valves and it still thru the code

and the fmu is temp till i get my ostrich and conversion harness... have everything else..

also i dont boost the shit out of my car because of the fmu and map sensor problem... i hate driving and have the cel go of then have to switch ig off and no to get it out of safe mode.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
maybe you should not have boosted the engine in the first place.

as for adding the resistor. this would be a very bad idea. you could try a afc hack, but you would want to pull timing at the distributor. since the hack would add some when it pulls map signal.

you could also try the map bypass thing, they sell on ebay for about $30:

firewall mounted map: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLOX-RACING-MAP-BYPASS-CHECK-VALVE-TYPE-B-BLUE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33557QQihZ009QQitemZ190041589853QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

TB mounted map: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blox-Type-A-Map-Bypass-94-01-Integra-00-05-S2000_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33557QQihZ018QQitemZ280195126570QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

but after spending the $30 you might as well have saved another $5 and got a 2.5 bar motorola...

2.5 bar motorola map:http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/motorola-25-bar-map-sensor-kit-p-194.html

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
already pulled timin off the dizzy. but i dont understand how the 2.5 bar map will help if the ecu still sees 5 volts it will throw the cel and run like shit. maybe i then just get the missing link thing?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
already pulled timin off the dizzy. but i dont understand how the 2.5 bar map will help if the ecu still sees 5 volts it will throw the cel and run like shit. maybe i then just get the missing link thing?
umm, this is where a chipped ecu would come in. i threw that out there, cause it seems like your on a tight buget. and the 2.5 bar is a good alternative to the 3 bar in price. since most people doing a super buget build rarely pass the 15 psi mark anyway.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i got my 3bar for 11 dollars? you are too cheap if you can't afford that lol :p :p

-Luke

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
i ran a missing link on my map, fmu, and a fuel pump on my old setup... 6 psi.... ran high 14's.... turboed for 1 year no problems.. its not the best setup... and only suppose to be used for very low boost levels.... but if your on a tight budget a check valve and a 10:1 fmu will do the trick until you want to run more then 6 psi.. which i highly doubt that on a stock motor.. its worked for me... which in turn should work for you on low boost... never use a hack for a built motor or anything above 6psi.... you always want a standalone..... . also a 2.5 map sensor would be way too big for 6 psi lol...... all you would need is your factory map with a chipped p28 programed for the stock map... thats just My opinion...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i ran a missing link on my map, fmu, and a fuel pump on my old setup... 6 psi.... ran high 14's.... turboed for 1 year no problems..
1) did you do a leak down before and after? check bearings for major wear? i doubt you had no problems. i am sure there was some there, you just did not pay attention or blamed it on something other then what really caused it.

you always want a standalone.....
2) no, a stand alone is not required for a built engine. a chipped ecu will work. well that is unless your running 8 injectors on a four banger. then you will need more then the stock ecu can help you with :D. yes, i will be running a standalone on my next build ;)

i have a missing link for sale if you want to buy it... i paid 70 bucks for it send me an offer and ill sell it.......
3) you can't buy or sell on this site till you get 65 posts. your in for a ban if you try to sell your junk here.

also a 2.5 map sensor would be way too big for 6 psi lol...... all you would need is your factory map with a chipped p28 programed for the stock map... thats just My opinion...
4) true, but better to have it in case of a spike. tune for more, since turning it down doesn't hurt anything. however too much going up and boom.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as i stated above i have a chipped pr4 but no conversion harness since mines obd2. im waiting for that i just cant deal with the cel. only tight on money because i have another block i am building for a true turbo build....

i was thinking the resistor thing because maybe it was an alternative as i never heard of it before....

heres the link i came across
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_map.html

but thanks for the help and input though :). i guess ill try different check valves instead of the ones i used cause these still caused the cel to come up but less often.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ok so i had read somewhere that you can put a resitor or a pot inline with the signal wire to bring the voltage down to 3 volts on the map sensor so it does not throw a cel... is this correct and what size resistor? i assume its on signal wire or on the volt lines?
the poormans AFC hack. There is more to it than just a resistor though and its not worth it.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
1) did you do a leak down before and after? check bearings for major wear? i doubt you had no problems. i am sure there was some there, you just did not pay attention or blamed it on something other then what really caused it.

2) no, a stand alone is not required for a built engine. a chipped ecu will work. well that is unless your running 8 injectors on a four banger. then you will need more then the stock ecu can help you with :D. yes, i will be running a standalone on my next build ;)

3) you can't buy or sell on this site till you get 65 posts. your in for a ban if you try to sell your junk here.

4) true, but better to have it in case of a spike. tune for more, since turning it down doesn't hurt anything. however too much going up and boom.
2.) well who ever wants to use a hack on a fully built motor... thats on them... if they have the money to spend to build the whole motor they should have the money for a chipped ecu... which in turn a tune/fuel management is the most important part of any setup.

3.) also i was never told that i couldnt sell anything on here... never realy read the agreement/like most people... i guess thats my fault, i guess i should have lol im sorry about that

1.) no need to check the bearings/teardown if the motor still runs great,,, sold to a friend who has it in his car ever since... looses some oil but that motor has about 180k on it.... thats normal for any motor to loose some oil at that milage... head doesn't leak... doesnt use antifreeze..... im not saying its thats the best setup using the check valve... but hell it works if its hooked up right and if its under 6psi. but i would RECOMEND a chipped ecu and stock map sensor because its easier to tune on a stock map then a bigger map.. and thats for sure!!! unless you have a GREAT tuner that can give you a GREAT basemap

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
my tuner has always said... its easier to start with the smaller map.... then as you exceed the maps limit throw in the 2.5bar.... cuz its easier to tune that way... im not a tuner but he told me that becuase i tried 2 different basemaps from phearable.com on my 3 bar and they sucked!! i tried a different tuner which is john kerr and he base tuned mine on a stock map and worked great..... until you get there then he can do the 3bar

1 - 20 of 24 Posts