Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
443 Posts
no sir....stock ecu = stock map sensor or else
Yeah, but 880cc injectors and a 3bar MAP will let you drive around on a stock ECU. Not well or anything, but it works.

BTW, ghettoturbo has scammed me out of a Miata, a TR6, and a Jeep Cherokee. He's also known to scam xenocron out of paychecks on a weekly basis. Beware of him!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yeah, but 880cc injectors and a 3bar MAP will let you drive around on a stock ECU. Not well or anything, but it works.

BTW, ghettoturbo has scammed me out of a Miata, a TR6, and a Jeep Cherokee. He's also known to scam xenocron out of paychecks on a weekly basis. Beware of him!

the miata is the only one I'll admit to, sir

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

stock ecu cannot run 880cc injectors. will not even idle let alone start. it may give a kick like it wants to run but it will not.

a 3bar map sensor uses different voltage scaling so it will not run either on stock ecu.

what you would need to do is chip the ecu and add 3bar map sensor support to the map you are using.

and the part going at ghettoturbo is not needed. has nothing to do with this thread so i would suggest taking it elsewhere...

·
Banned
443 Posts
stock ecu cannot run 880cc injectors. will not even idle let alone start. it may give a kick like it wants to run but it will not.

a 3bar map sensor uses different voltage scaling so it will not run either on stock ecu.

Do you know what an AFC hack does? Please acquaint yourself with basic concepts before commenting on what does or doesn't work with regards to EFI, thanks.

and the part going at ghettoturbo is not needed. has nothing to do with this thread so i would suggest taking it elsewhere...

Sorry to bring a little comradery into the thread, I'll remain completely soulless from here on out.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
The point was that with BOTH a 3 bar MAP and the 880s, it will run. I'm no expert on the subject, but if Joseph Davis says it will work, I believe him. (you probably should too, until you've tuned as many cars as him ;))

Sorry to bring a little comradery into the thread, I'll remain completely soulless from here on out.
Did it ever occur to you that they might know each other?

Peace all!

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
for anyones information right now... heres is the answer....

unless your ecu is chipped with the chip setup to use 880's and 3bar map the car will not run...

the car will not run with a STOCK ecu and aftermarket injectors and map sensor...

by the way, i did get my car to run on 440cc injectors on stock ecu before, but i had to turn my adjustable fuel pressure regulator down to 28psi where stock fuel pressure is 45 psi so you get the point...

whoever says that any aftermarket injector and map sensor will work on a stock ecu is a DUMBASS and doesnt know what they are talking about, and i wouldnt take any advice from them

·
Banned
443 Posts
for anyones information right now... heres is the answer....

unless your ecu is chipped with the chip setup to use 880's and 3bar map the car will not run...

the car will not run with a STOCK ecu and aftermarket injectors and map sensor...

by the way, i did get my car to run on 440cc injectors on stock ecu before, but i had to turn my adjustable fuel pressure regulator down to 28psi where stock fuel pressure is 45 psi so you get the point...

whoever says that any aftermarket injector and map sensor will work on a stock ecu is a DUMBASS and doesnt know what they are talking about, and i wouldnt take any advice from them

Tell you what, how about you ask a pgmfi.org moderator and let him decide this little disagreement?

pgmfi.org • Login

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
but that is no way to run a car. the 880 with 3bar. thatd old school ghetto shit. afc hack = 90s

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Yes, I covered this in my original post when I said the combo would allow the engine to operate.
ive never tried 880's and 3bar...

ive tried 440's and it didnt run... ive tried 3bar and it didnt run .... without a tune... i never tried 440's and 3bar without a tune.. i could imagine it ran like shit and wouldnt run on 440's i wouldnt think it would run on 440's and 3bar....

if i was wrong in my post i am sorry and i will change it, its no problem, i dont like putting out wrong information...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Do you know what an AFC hack does? Please acquaint yourself with basic concepts before commenting on what does or doesn't work with regards to EFI, thanks.

are you kidding me? the op specifically said "with out modification" an afc hac is a modification to the signal going to and from the ecu.

880cc is too much of an injector for stock ecu duty cycle to handle. there will be too much fuel...

btw when you understand what an afc hack is compared to standalone or ecu chipping then comment. an afc hack does not adjust fuel tables independantly, rather moves the map up or down if you want more fuel. makes ecu think they are in a different fuel cell for given map and rpm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts