Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly will a engine do if they are reversed somehow in the process of manifold swap? My buddy did y7 to y8 mani swap and now it is loping from 1500 to 2500 and is throwing a Check engine light. Now I tried to switch them around on new manifold but they wont reach the opposite. SHould I lengthen the wires and switch them or could it be something else? I am so tired right now I must be missing something. I double checked everything else on manifold from bolts to all hoses being tight. ANy answers will help thanks. Kyle

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
I believe when I did this swap, I had to cut the harness jacket (terminology) slightly to allow the map sensor wires a little more breathing room. It was certinaly not very far off though. Not enough to have to lengthen the wires.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,609 Posts
are you certain you don't just have a vacuum leak? get a spray bottle and spray water around the IM where it meets the head... if the motor boggs down, you found the problem.

on another note I did the IM swap on my little brothers car and we didn't need to lengthten any wires.

good luck

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Top off your coolant.
Check all vacuum lines and use rexinre's little trick for finding a leak.
Does that motor have an IAC valve? If so, pull it off and spray some carbuerator cleaner in the screen to clean it. Not much and make sure you don't get any anywhere else, NO overspray or you will damage something. Double check this, there may be a better way to clean it.

On my engine (D16Z6), I have a Fast Idle Control Valve. Check out my post about how I stopped a rythmic idle that revved from 1000 to 1500, up, down, up, down. Remember, this is a different engine, so it may not be the same exact, but it might point you in a good direction.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WEll the thing is it is throwing a CEL so thats why I dont think it is a Vaccuum leak considering we used all new Vaccum and coolant line.. Now the thing is we did use the Y7 TB because the IACV being on tb. The Y8 Manifold has A IACV on back but just ran Hose from one nipple to other nipple to just block it off because I am using the one on Y7 TB for the Fast that it is 3 wire and Y8 one is a 2 wire. So Like I said before what WIll the engine do if you switch the Map and TPS ?? WIll it cause this?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed it.. Thanks for the help.. For some reason it just threw a check engine light for nothing and now is not and found one of the brand new vacuum lines leaking :( Piece of shizzle Vaccuum line.. All good now! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts