Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a manual turbo Y7 on a s40 trans and I got pretty much brand new everything. It’sall to factory spec. Now I’m having trouble getting enough fluid bled through the clutch line to hold pressure. I’m using a motorcycle reservoir until my wilwood arrives. Almost had it multiple times but Im stuck
Any help appreciated

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any visible leaks
I had it sealed pushing crazy pressure but now it’s leaking from the the slave at the clutch line. Do you think just adding some Teflon will do the trick ?

It’s only when it’s pushing over 20lbs of pressure a very minuscule leak occurs at the little seal in the center of the bolt that screws into the slave housing the clutch line.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So update

done re did every fucking thing
Excuse my french
Anywho new master and slave AGAIN
New clutch line and bam no leaks holding pressure, it is very stiff and still having difficulty going into gear but everything else checks out like it’s moving the fork n all
P.s. kinda slipped first
Was having an idling issue , swapped manifolds and was able to maintain low rpm enough to kind of go into first but then it started grinding

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kinda of fluid are you using currently?
DOT 3 Brake fluid. Was using the manual clutch fluid for Honda but they literally looked about the same when it came down to color n viscosity unless I’m mistaken

Thanks for all the help guys I’ll post a little vid here at the end of her ripping it once she is going into gear n all

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Change it before you cook the shafts, either 10w30 conventional, syncromesh, or a manual trans fluid meant for hondas, I wouldn't recommend the actual honda fluid, it changed in 2004 and became much thinner.
Thankyou I will do that….. what do you mean cook the shafts? I finally have it all together and she will like go in gear but won’t go any where. No grinds or nothing .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it went into third. No grinds no pops . Im gonna lift her up later to do some checking on shift linkage and the axels in case they MAY have popped out which I highly doubt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts