Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 & 94 civic sedans
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a "daily torture" medium-ish compression N/A d15-a6 EG car. Trans is finally picking up some input shaft noise. I have another manual trans in unknown condition, and I am up for a re-build because of this. My question is, what are your thoughts on p20 v.s. s20? What gear ratios would you suggest for an interesting build? Tall 5th would be nice. Where could I locate some nice kits? I will be more than happy to post the build once I gather the info and parts. Thanks in advance!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
bone has posted everywhere gear ratios he likes, thinks would be fun, or what other people ask for. based on just reading bone, I had him build me a y7 trans with a 3.7 (I THINK) fd and a quaife lsd. just do a little reading around for bone's posts and see what the guru says

http://www.knology.net/jediklc/gearratiosdseries.htm

close ratio ZC tranny, 48 mpg so far. Will drop in Si 5th, making it basically a DX when in 5th gear.

4.25/.702

or 3.889/.771

·
Registered
93 & 94 civic sedans
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the directions! The table is interesting. I am just now starting to gather info on these. There is so much to go through, floating around.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
bone has posted everywhere gear ratios he likes, thinks would be fun, or what other people ask for. based on just reading bone, I had him build me a y7 trans with a 3.7 (I THINK) fd and a quaife lsd. just do a little reading around for bone's posts and see what the guru says

Honda Tranny Gear Ratios
That link is FUCKED UP....the idiot misquoted so many things I fucking gave up on him.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
EX trans, MFactory 4.9 FD, MFactory helical LSD. If you do a lot of stop and go add in an MFactory 3.083 1st gear. Plan on a full master rebuild kit with carbon-lined synchros. All parts can be ordered from me and I'd be happy to take care of the build for you.

·
Registered
93 & 94 civic sedans
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Aquafina, but I am going to tackle this one myself. I will keep you in mind about parts.... I basically, just wanted to hear opinions and recommendations of those who care to share. Anything in particular to look for that might be abnormal compared to similar transmissions? Problem areas of special attention? Thanks for the input transzex.

·
Registered
93 & 94 civic sedans
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, How "streetable" are these LSD's? Sometimes, those lane suggestion lines get slick, HA!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
Daily driving a Quaife that was installed over 10 years ago, expect MFactory to last just as long or longer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts