Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, ive looked everywhere an i have not gotten an answer... can i use a manual boost controller to limit boost? lemme explain better: a factory wastegate for a 14b turbo is set at arround 8 psi. i dont want to run 8 psi, i want to run around 4 or 5 psi. will a manual boost controller let me do this? if not, how can i achieve the lower amount of boost with a stock wastegate?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
hmm idunno bout changing the spring in one of those factory style wastegates i havent heard of it being done, mostly there modified to push more boost (like a MBC to limit the vacume to it or crushing it for a strong spring pressure) , but maby if you swap it out for a lower rated one that will work umm other than that an aftermarket wastegate is your next option
but if u wanna cut corners i guess you could try and prop the wategate door open a bit or adjust that wastegate door rod thingy somehow but i would imagine the turbo wouldent spool as quickly
but wats wrong w/ 8 psi out of a 14b turbo? remember 1psi outta of 14b is alot less than 1psi out of a bigger turbo like a t3t40e or an sc61

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Some wastegates are adjustable. If the actuator arm is threaded you can loosen it up.

If not I'd check ebay for a replacment wastegate spring/actuator.

C

·
0 Posts
mikeD16Z6 said:
Some wastegates are adjustable. If the actuator arm is threaded you can loosen it up.

Turning the wastegate arm nut to lower boost will also affect spool time, in giving you more of a lag.

E

·
0 Posts
dump the interal gate and get an external.

The MBC won't allow you to lower the psi lower than the stock psi. (i'm 95% sure on this)

W

·
0 Posts
but with a external wastegate you can lower boost with a mbc right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts