1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
no its actually a gated T, its a ball and spring inside... the other piece is a needle and seat valve.

the whole assembly is useless, its a knockoff thats made incorrectly. i used one, could get boost to go up, but it was either wastegate pressure or a HUGE jump in boost, no tailoring boost pressure.

i threw mine away, and bought a cheap ball/spring style off ebay, then after that wasnt working right i bought this turboXS mbc, its also needle/seat, i havent tried it yet so i cant tell you how it works yet.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
no its actually a gated T, its a ball and spring inside... the other piece is a needle and seat valve.

the whole assembly is useless, its a knockoff thats made incorrectly. i used one, could get boost to go up, but it was either wastegate pressure or a HUGE jump in boost, no tailoring boost pressure.

i threw mine away, and bought a cheap ball/spring style off ebay, then after that wasnt working right i bought this turboXS mbc, its also needle/seat, i havent tried it yet so i cant tell you how it works yet.
YEP. Junk. Either MASSIVE BOOST or gay wastegate pressure. The previous owner of my Daytona put one on. Im getting a different one.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
if you're wanting to go cheap try this one.
ebay
this is the OTHER ebay mbc i tried, after that 2 piece one. actually the exact same seller, listing etc.

it doesnt work right either. the ball is too heavy, the adjustments are WAY too coarse. if going double wastegate it might be ok, otherwise for fine boost pressure adjustments it sucks. i could go 10psi (wastegate), add this thing all the way loose and get 16psi just from the restriction in wastegate signal, half a turn would hit 28psi boost cut.........

·
Registered
334 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts