Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
just get the cheapest cat replacement that is specced appropriately.

There are a few under $250 that completely remove the OEM issue of cracking at the primary o2 sensor.

Look for a steel replacement in place of the factory cast shit

Reactions: BeerDrinkin

·
Registered
10 Posts
any reason why ebay would be better than magnaflow? I know magnaflow isn't really the top of the line in the market these days, but are the no-name things off ebay actually worth the $$$?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
any reason why ebay would be better than magnaflow? I know magnaflow isn't really the top of the line in the market these days, but are the no-name things off ebay actually worth the $$$?
who said anything about ebay?

a real catalytic converter is branded. if its not branded, its a hollow f'ing tube and you are in for trouble if you attempt to pass it at an emissions test

magnaflow is fine.

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
172 Posts
eBay Header
I have a set of these headers. They function great and a surprisingly have decent welds, at least the one I purchased from eBay.

Walker #82444 C.A.R.B. complaint

I have also used this piece of shit which has failed the same way twice on the lower tube-to-body weld, luckily it has a 5 yr warranty.

It has thick cast iron upper so it never cracked there but shitty welds everywhere, they were too hot for thin low quality metal.

That magna flow looks nice, but if you aren't worried about emissions, eBay would be your better bet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts