Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to swap in a y8 intake manifold onto my crx wich already has a z6 manifold when i baught it. so i was wonderign if the sensors from the z6 manifold would fit onto the y8 manifold or do i need the sensors off the y8? such as the iacv and iat sensor. and will my TB fit onto it?

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
the y8 mani wont have a iat sensor in it due to obd2 cars having it in the air intake tube

all d,b,f,h throttle bodies are interchangeable just different inside diameters

not to shure on the iacv but its not hard to check.. 2 12mm bolts

i believe i covered everything

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i heard that the y8 manifold has more volume, plus i found it cheap just $25. but i think im just going to go to an after market manifold. i hear thank skunk 2 is the best btu i liek the simpler design of the obx. plus the obx is more within my budget since my cash flow is low, i just had to put a new windshield on the crx.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Wouldn't say Skunk2 is the "best" aftermarket mani.
I'd leave the Z6 mani on there, think its down to personal preference whether people fit Z6 or Y8 inlet mani's.Apparently Y8 is better for midrange gains and the Z6 for higher up the rev range.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
your not gonna really gain anything by switching between the two. And i got a skunk2 manifold and give it nothing but great marks!

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Blox=skunk2 copy.

Ported blox/Sk2>almost anything else on your engine.

One of the best off the shelf intake manifolds for all around power on modified engines is the Edelbrock. However, you either have to have a fairly built engine or running a turbo to really get the gains to show.

If you have the time to cut open the plenum and port a Blox manifold, I think you will find very good gains, even on a near-stock engine. A friend of mine has done this and installed it on a stock D14. Even on such a small engine, the gains were very noticeable.

Whatever manifold you decide to use, don't buy into the hype that a larger throttle body is better. That will just kill your torque below ~4K RPM and make it seem like the car is faster above 4K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts