Honda D Series Forum banner

Manifold options

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  98_4drCivic 
#1 ·
Im looking at a few options for my turbo build and just wanted people's opinions on which manifold to go for. i was thinking either an hf, bmc log or hmt sinktrap style using my stock header. (im on a tight budget btw:TD: hence the choices )

#8 ·
That thread has very little relavence to this thread dont you think?? My wanted thread was so i could compare the cost of getting a manifold from the states compared to what i could get hold of over here in the uk. Im currently buildinga z6 with vitaras and tt rods etc so the block wont be stock. if people had the choice of the three i mentioned what would they go for and why?

#9 ·
That thread has very little relavence to this thread dont you think?? My wanted thread was so i could compare the cost of getting a manifold from the states compared to what i could get hold of over here in the uk. Im currently buildinga z6 with vitaras and tt rods etc so the block wont be stock. if people had the choice of the three i mentioned what would they go for and why?
actually; i think both of your threads could of been easily been combined... and you didn't really provide enough info for anyone to help you make a decision...

but anyways: if you're on a budget i'd go with a cast manifold; they are cheap, work well, won't crack, and i think you can pretty easily fine one with a t28 flange (t28 flanged mani is not nearly as common as a t3 mani...) Sink-trap doesn't make much sense with a realatively small snail; top-mount isn't going to be idea for a DD...

#5 ·
I would think that the HF/STD manifold would be a good choice as it is so cheap and easy to do. One thing I really like about it is that at a glance the engine bay still looks rather stock. Obviously there will be no worries of the manifold cracking. The only real concern of that manifold would be the HP limitation, I'm not really sure what that would be but I'll bet it exceeds the limits of the stock bottom end...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.