Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,,
This is a bit of a technical question and one that I have a great deal of interest in. I am pretty sure that I read it on this forum that top mount turbo manifolds reduce exhaust reversion. To me that makes sense as it would seem that a top mount would be a more natural way for the exhaust to flow and thus be less restrictive than an underslung design.

I know these are not technical terms but on a underslung design the exhaust pulses can stack up in the area https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/ after the exhaust valves, in the turbo manifold, and turbine housing before the turbine. To me hot expanded gasses naturally want to flow upwards (fill a balloon with hot gas expanded and see where it goes) and with an underslung the exhaust wants to revert as the turbine housing is a bottle neck and the highest point in the system is right after the valves. When you make the turbine the highest point in the exhaust pre turbine it will have a natural less restrictive flow. There should not be any reversion once the exhuast passes the turbine in either setup, or atleast that is my opinion.

I am really wanting others opinions on this idea or theory. Your are welcome to shoot it down but please don't start a pissing match cause you heard something from your buddy that got it from his 2nd cousin that had a class once with a guy that knowes someone that works for NASA or whomever. Please atleast give some reason to support your opinion and hard facts really go a long way (something I don't have). I am not trying to start a pissing match. Just would like some good info.

Thanks.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
561 Posts
Its not the top mount design that helps with reversion control, it is the cylinder pairing, runner length, and the twin scroll turbine housing that helps.
If you copied a EVO8/9/10 manifold design, you could do the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts