Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded my manifold for some other stuff i needed. Now im in the market for another. I got a couple ideas searching ebay and came across a couple i like. Heres the links

PFAB Honda Civic Turbo Manifold T3/T4 D16, ZC SOHC: eBay Motors (item 180542969838 end time Aug-15-10 12:50:16 PDT)

I like log manifolds especially ones that have the elbow type wg placement but i also like topmounts too..

SPA Turbo Honda D15 D16 single cam T3 manifold : eBay Motors (item 350161986664 end time Aug-27-10 14:58:48 PDT)

i ve never really seen or heard of anyone using the spa type topmount never really searched it either but im afraid it wont clear my hood and not looking to cut a whole out to make it fit either. Gimme your opinions on both ill prob be purchasing one soon. I also came across this one but way outta the budget plus i dont need divided housing either haha

D16 Turbo Manifold Forward Facing Divided Housing T3: eBay Motors (item 130412765420 end time Aug-20-10 16:35:55 PDT)

YEA BUDDY ^^^^

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What kind of power goals and spool times do you have?

A log manifold will have WAY different spool times than a top mount. So I don't understand why you are considering to totally opposite manifolds. Power bands will be different. A lot of things come into play. Hence why I ran a Mini-ram. Good mid range and top end but still awesome spool time. Mini ram is like in between a ram-horn and a log.

The top mount you have listed doesn't even seem like a real top mount. And lastly, stop looking for manifolds on eBay. Go to Greg over at Go-Autoworks and get quality shit.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i know but the top mount that i had pictured is almost like a log mani just turbo placement is on top but has short runners like the log. I havent really found any affordable like 350 dollar range mini ram style i guess if i came across one i would buy it

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
If you want a review on the spa top mount then look at any review of any cast ebay mani....it just simply puts the turbo up top for looks.... I have heard of problems with how the turbo sits...but its not that bad.....there is a buil thread on here using one

Log mani's suck

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
If you're gonna go with a log manifold, or even a cast, why not support a company that supports the board, like us ?

As for opinions on the manifolds you linked, the second one is pretty much a cast iron manifold turned upside, nothing wrong with it really besides downpipe placement is a little tricky because its close to radiator. As for the last manifold you linked, your turbo is gonna spool up a little later because of runner length, and its also gonna draw a lot of heat.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
I agree on the supporting of the sponsors, I always try to support them and I hate knockoff parts/brands!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
If you're gonna go with a log manifold, or even a cast, why not support a company that supports the board, like us ?

As for opinions on the manifolds you linked, the second one is pretty much a cast iron manifold turned upside, nothing wrong with it really besides downpipe placement is a little tricky because its close to radiator. As for the last manifold you linked, your turbo is gonna spool up a little later because of runner length, and its also gonna draw a lot of heat.
pfab = $300 + shipping

rc autoworks = $300 + shipping
go autoworks is = $295.99 + shipping

if your gonna spend the money, spend it on the people who support you and the forum.... and if the pfab breaks or cracks go ahead and pay a shop to fix it for you....rc-auto and go-auto warrenty there products and stand behind them 100%

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forged Performance: Store

i got my manifold from this company.i got a really good deal $550 shipped and the manifold is topnotch.

there are a few pics in my build thread
http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/130874-gsxkids-10-sec-build-hopefully.html
I was looking at those awhile back look nice but never really heard of anyone using them. Do they warranty their manifolds?

the last manifold is outta the question too much money at the time beeing plus i dont think just from lookin at it that it would fit too well in a crx. I thought long and hard today im thinkin of just holding off to putting this thing together this year and saving up for a complete kit from rc or goautoworks prob my best bet and parts will all be brand new

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
That is the one dreamer is using, he likes it a lot, fit great, and has a much better design and wastegate placement that the standard ebay cast mani's
really? i like how it has room to be wrapped to he post a review on it at all?

im building a dp right now and might just go for this haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts