Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i recieved my "new pistons" today form a turbod16 member. (i ordered theses a LONG time ago and jsut now got them)
well when i told him i wanted them he said they were BRAND new never installed ran ect....

so two weeks ago i pm him asking if they had shipped out yet? he said "not yet man im having trouble getting the clips off to slide them off the rods?"

hmmm i thought they were brand new so he assured me they were installed on the rods pics shpwed the same i got them today well now we have a bigger problem....

inspect them and on the middle ring of one of them there is a small knick by the ringland and it basically has the ring wedged to the point that it wont move slide jiggle NOTHING what am i to do>??????:cussing:

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill try and do my best on the pic its going to not be the best pic though always hard to get good shots of them!

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

you can see the knick in the middle of my thumb! and it has the ring prettywell wedged in there im for sure not messing with it

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

there is another picture the knick is to the direct right of my index finger

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is a flat? im not wanting to mess with something thats going to potentially screw my hard earned time and money up!!!!! hopefully the guy will respond soon and give me a call!

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts
If you paid with a credit card even if it was through PayPal just send the pistops back with delivery confirmation then call your bank and have them remove the charges from your card. Tell them the goods were advertised as new but arrived damaged. The bank will want copies of your correspondence and maybe a decent picture and do an investigation. Chances are you'll get the cost of the pistons back but not the shipping.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
that sucks man, i would definately contact the seller and ask wtf is up. thats completely unacceptable.

i hope everything works out for ya man, good luck with it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
wait till the pics come in on the el cheapo build that your gonna try to keep up with........

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you paid with a credit card even if it was through PayPal just send the pistops back with delivery confirmation then call your bank and have them remove the charges from your card. Tell them the goods were advertised as new but arrived damaged. The bank will want copies of your correspondence and maybe a decent picture and do an investigation. Chances are you'll get the cost of the pistons back but not the shipping.
i paid with a personal check sent him the check he waited till it cleared and then shipped them to me? and of course he is on turbo d16 like every day but no response yet i dont want to make a big post about it on there but its my last resort and the pistons are the only thing holding me back from finishing the build (the head is done) even the shop doing the work is getting a little frustrated!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i paid with a personal check sent him the check he waited till it cleared and then shipped them to me? and of course he is on turbo d16 like every day but no response yet i dont want to make a big post about it on there but its my last resort and the pistons are the only thing holding me back from finishing the build (the head is done) even the shop doing the work is getting a little frustrated!
shit, i would make a big deal about it, i'm sure you paid a nice chunk o change for the pistons and he screwed you over!

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i did get them for a real good price BUT its the point of the matter they are basically garbage to me....well one is im not going through the hassel of getting one piston and im for sure in the hell not paying for it ......guess i can only wait on a response from him or i can call 411 and reverse search his name and addy and find his # that way?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
PM him daily, if he doesnt get back to you in 2 or 3 days, make a thread.

the LEAST he needs to do is buy you 1 piston and rings. i would want a refund, but if he managed just the 1 piston id probably be happy.

i think Summit or Jegs sells them individually, and are like $100 each

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"the clips are in the box and i know for a fact that there wasnt a chip on the pistons like that they are brand new the only thing was there were installed onto the rods and i took them off.... i think i have pics of all for pistons before i shipped them to you... i would contact ups and ask them about it "

thats what i got from him just now on turbod16

there is no physical damage to the outside of the box the way they were packed was poor and from dealing with ups on a daily basis they will tell me to go after the shipper b/c there is no damage to the ext. portion of the box? i think im going to get no help out of this douche so im prolly fucked!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
make a thread on td16. post pictures of the box if you still have it. in the end, its his fault, whether it be shitty packing job, or dropping it when they were in his posession

1 - 20 of 29 Posts