Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have a 88 DX CRX with a Z6 motor already installed and working. I just wanted to know if i can swap the harness from the engine bay to the ECU with one from an Si so i can eliminate the messy DPFI to MPFI wiring. Do i need the whole fuse block and dash harness or can i just take the ECU side wiring alone. The fuse blocks are stamped differently with the harnesses SH2 SH3 and SH4. I am talking about 88-91 hondas. I wanted to take the harness from an Si car so i can have a normal looking engine bay instead of all this messy wiring from the DPFI MPFI swap. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well not easier but just that would be 100%. Easier would be to get my stamp code and find an si with the same stamp code and plug it right?

·
Registered
75 Posts
i mean i have dx harness in my si only casue my si harness was cut to hell when i got the car I HATE WIRES! better off just gettin a whole complete harness its like 100bones

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
yes it can be done, swap the whole main harness not just the ecu portion, you will have to repin where the main harness meets the rear harness, other then that everything was bolt and go. be careful with the year of the harness as there are differences

·
Registered
crx
1,450 Posts
dont mess with swapping the harness at ALL. if you want to change the harness you need to change the harness from bumper to bumper. 88 is diff from 89 and diff from 90-91 completely. different gauge taill light and even fuel pump plugs. clean up the wiring u got put it in some looms. dont mess with another harness. ull be sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts