Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
As i am in the process of makeing my internally build D Series, (sohc Non Tec) what components to i have to change or add / upgrade to make power past my standard redline? I allready, have a Jg 302 cam shaft, jg valve, springs and retainers all the other internal stuff (port and polish, pistons, rods etc etc) anything else i am missing?
what would you guys reccommend

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Lyle_57IAL said:
Hey guys,
As i am in the process of makeing my internally build D Series, (sohc Non Tec) what components to i have to change or add / upgrade to make power past my standard redline? I allready, have a Jg 302 cam shaft, jg valve, springs and retainers all the other internal stuff (port and polish, pistons, rods etc etc) anything else i am missing?
what would you guys reccommend
honestly man, you really dont need to go really far past or even past the redline at all, youll just end up losing power and maybe even mess up your motor..... whats your current redline??

W

·
0 Posts
/\ i kno right oh and guest that fucin hilarious, don't worry about makin power past the redline in a d-series.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
don't worry about makin power past the redline in a d-series.
I agree, unless you get serious port work. Main thing that needs to be upgraded for high revs is valvetrain, which you already have. To allow it to make power up there; you need to optimize the intake and header(more flow); larger port, and bigger cams(like the full race JG cam or Crower stg. 3).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Get an adjustable camgear(if dont already have one) and retard your cam timing....you will shift your power band at a higher rpm, but lose some low end.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
why didnt anyone mention one of the key things? a good tune get a chipped ecu and have some one tune it with NEP-tune or uberdata and a camgear as staded above upgraded fuel pump and fpr wouldnt be a bad idea either

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Lyle_57IAL said:
currently useing Ramhorn Mani Garret Gt30R 38mm Tail WG and Skunk 2 Intake mani + 70mm TB
you need to get a ecu and fuel management pronto or that motor will go boom quick

·
Registered
110 Posts
depends on the engine application , im guessing its just a street engine in which case yeah low end power will be more useful to you than a high end dyno queen

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Lyle_57IAL said:
yes, 500hp fuel pump, 750 cc Rc injectors, and Microtec Lt8 Standalone Engine Management unit
"500hp" fuel pump and 750cc injectors dont have much to do with higher rpm; fuel components are more directly related to how much power you're making. For an all-motor Honda, those components are overkill(you might even have idle problems with such large injectors for a small motor).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts