Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i say lets make some!! im starting from a p30(203) bin... granted ive only covered fuel and ignition tables... its a start...... so anybody want to jump in is more than welcome, im going to use crome to edit some parameters, and then cross check the edited 203 from the original 203 in tunerpro (theres a tool where you can compare different bins and tells where the edited address is located) this way well know where the rev limiters or disabling o2...etc.etc

we can also use uberdata . they have als files and autoexec to help us

to visualize these address im using winOLS demo so its much easier to get an idea on where these things are located.

imagine having one of the best tuning sofware and not pay for anything but out of kindness to donate to tunerpro. not like these hardware/software combo we have available and yet uses the same ecu

ps. im not a programmer nor went to school for it so if anybody want to help... please do and make this easier for everybody

some starting files.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think you only need an rtp and you sir have the holy grail!!! i saw your engine sim in your thread and kudos to you and all the hard work, i just hope you get all the support and help...

according to tunerpro, we can use xdf to allocate the datalogging parameters this is also where the rtp comes in, by that we can detect what changes were making shown by the live tracing in datalogging. if youre working on pt6 ill get on with it and look for tables/scales etc.etc. and then ill shoot the xdf back at you so you can test what we are doing, hows that?

im currently living in the philippines, just finished college and a family, my resources are limited and this is the most i can do boss

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The bin I have is the one I dumped out of a pt6 ecu I have. Its already socketed and ready to go. I don't think I would dive into obd2 much all the data is stored in the processor and is a 1 time burn. The chips are no longer maid to the best of my knowledge. Not sure if you can get the processor to retrieve data from an external rom have not played with them much.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
theres a guy ing france, he now sells obd2 emulator, if im not mistaken, it uses a daughterboard to go on top of oki66507, he made a rough schematic on pgmfi but never took it down off pgmfi, id doubt itd work since hes in the market for it.

obd2 has 48kbytes in their memory dump so its most likely a 512kbit chip is needed for it, there are always compatible chips with 66507, i mean if we put time into it instead of looking more into obd1 we would already have the stuff for obd2, obd1 eproms are old/cheap/available not to mention rom burners that are available for gm to start with....looking forward for somebody to make an emulator and not cost us 500euros

anybody know how to get the rpm/load scalars and multiplier for them? i dont have the load/rpm scalars in the maps

the layout on the pt6 is weird i think the rows are the load scales. rpm uses columns... i think....

and the ignition has 20 scales but the fuel uses 10scales.

fuel layout is confusing.. if we follow ignition layout then it will look like this

or the usual

these are possible maps ive seen, i hope you find what they do.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ya I have not been keeping track of what is going on at pgmfi much. Tuning obd2 would be nice the problem lies in most obd2 cars have been swapped to a obd1 ecu. The benefits I see would be keeping emission laws happy along with obd2 port still working so they could scan codes and what not. Plus all the extra inputs and outputs.

I don't think I could help you much with obd2 I don't have the skills/tools to do that small of surface mount soldering. I also lack any obd2 ecus and obd2 engine sim. Im just a tuner not a programmer.

I will play with the xdf and see what happens.

O hay I should also mention some of the tables overlap one is egr on and one off I think. You can see the fuel dip egr on. (pt6) The smaller table overlays the fuel dip and makes the table look normal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is stock b16-203 compared to it but without the checksum, 0x03B changes when the rom is being manipulated. i dont know but it seems that 1 bit is too small for a checksum. i cant account for the rest but they follow a string of adress

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
hey boss ive looked over the bmp files, how did you get the scalar/rpm?

you need to make an adx file to do a rom tracing, tunerpro wont let me unless i have the emulator.

im confused with this overlap youre refering to, ive never seen anything like that. 40 in your multiplier for rpm?

edit: use this instead i deleted the old one, or just reverse the row vs column counts in table 3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
We just labeled them lol I just know the direction not the brake point. If you want more p30 stuff go to PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Library . EcuFamilies a lot of stuff is already figured out for ya.

Look at 2400rpm to 2800rpm see the dip then the jump at 4800 to 5200 Drag the other table under it (bitmap) in its place then it looks more like a normal map. This is just a idea.

Adx? Ya your blowing past anything Im good at. Im just a test mule your the boss. What the hell program is that ^^^^ I know its a hex editor but it looks like something off the matrix lol.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hmm. I'd get in on this maybe, but it actually semi conflicts with my current software project.

Also, no time due to work.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You would be welcome I will share what I have its not much but its a start. I have a few things going on. Probably start testing the xml in a few days on the bench. I have a honda,nissan and mazda I need to take care of in the next few days.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i was just showing where the checksum might be in the p30. and let everyone know i still do not undestand checksum routine although youve told me about it in pm and everything about in wikipedia.

i can work with anything that youre working on, it doesnt have to be p30. you have everything and i just have high hopes and fortunate enough youve answered to my call ehehehe

i was wondering how you were able to get such high values in the fuel then it was just the multiplier, i was used to aem ems where the maximum is 255 and the microsec/bit divides it into where the map can be manipulated freely without maxing out 0 or 255.

000x220=220, 000x236=236, 001x013 then it becomes (001x255) 001+255+13=269...

were you able to test these values on your simulator of what they stand for? i mean microseconds? oscilloscope in the injector?

pt6 is very very weird. it makes me think what else were missing in the highly developed so called p30? man we need like a programmer to make this work hahaha

maybe mr.cfab can help us too.. how about it boss?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The values are high due to is higher bit count (word) should make for better tuning resolution and better control maybe. Maybe why no one else spotted the tables.

Honestly its all just up in the air for the most part.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
O I see what your saying ya I don't know what happend with that. Math is a little bit mest up maybe. I didn't do that part. The left 000,001,002 could even be a fuel multiplier. I need to do more testing. Got the ball rolling then it stopped. I know when I split up that map and did FF and 00 testing big changes in fuel the other map big changes in timing. The changes where only seen on the noid lights did not hook up any thing to measure it. I do have a oscilloscope.

I sent you most the test I have ran its not much.

I have a tune tonight. But if the xdf works It should make for quick work instead of hand editing in hex.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
255*255+255+255 = yeah thats 65535 resolution all right hehe nice find i wouldnt have thought of anything like that. even winols coundlnt find it, i doubt that swiftec could also do it. by the way that matrix is winols.

im puzzled, if we were to modify the rom for boost ei add more scales for load. it moves the address around i dont know how i would go on doing anything about it. maybe one of these days id study more

edit: did you get to try the xfd for pt6 yet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
sorry late response. yeah you can modify the tables in the xdf i left them blank because im hoping you would find out what the tables are for then name them,

ill try and figure out the multiplier x value and adapt it to tunerpro. thanks for the time man

edit: glad you have oscilloscope, be nice to find out ac/dc and timing for these signals

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have been basically building a tuning software just like tunerpro.

What programming help would you need? I am not the best at this, just learning as I go. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. On my way to work now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I sent an OBD0 xdf file that I started to Mark (TunerPro), he is going to see whats required for basic support. I know, I know...but if we can get some of the more complex multiplier stuff in OBD0 figured out, then OBD1 support should be similar.

I have been basically building a tuning software just like tunerpro.
I also have something new that should be ready for initial testing in the next month or so. How far along are you...kinda interested in what your trying to do.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I will test just have a lot of other crap going on. This was my winter project due to nothing else to do. I don't have tuner pro rtp need to get it. But I will at least hand edit/burn in the next few days.

What exactly do you want me to test? Just to see if the xdf works. I have tested most of the tables and I know they make changes.

Tuned till 1 in the morning last night then went to work in the morning I need sleep.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts