Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
!!UPDATE!!Major Problem! Need Help!

Hey, Guys let me give you the full story here. Awhile back my car wasnt idling correctly missing etc....it finally threw a code and was the Crankshaft Position Sensor. So I had it replaced, well about 2 weeks later the bolt holding the crankshaft pulley on broke off and the crankshaft came off etc.. Well I ordered new pulley, bolt,etc...took it all aprat removed the broken bolt put the new crankshaft pulley on and timed it at TDC Installed timing belt back on and tried to try to crank it without all the belts on....well its winding....like it has no compression....everything it turning fine as far as the crankpulley spinning but just sounds like compression...kinda like wif you take a sparkplug out of a fourwheeler and turn it over.....Any Ideas? Could I have timed it wrong? Or is it something deeper then this? Thanks!

!!UPDATE!!
Still no luck on fixing it. I Hooked a compresson tester up to it and got nothing on all cylinders. When I remoce the spark plug i can feel a little pressure but not much at ALL. I Have a brand new head for it but wanted to make sure it was the warped valves before installing. The compression tester i have has a rubber hose and I have no way of making sure that its tight enough in the plug hole not to leak air...but it couldnt be leaking much air and I should still get something right? Is it possible for all the valves to get warped? Thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it came off but didnt fly off...was kinda hanging. Let me tell ya what I did to time is and see if I went at backass backwards. We set the #1 piston at TDC then set the distributor at Were it should be at TDC and installed the timing belt....for some reason now that I type on here it seems we didnt do something.....?

·
"Wild Bush Appeared!"
???
1,898 Posts
Yeah, check the timing on the cam gear then. Even if you mess with it a couple degrees it makes a difference.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what my dad said....that it could be some bent valves....could I just remove the valve cover and tell if they have been bent?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was talking to my dad about it (he helped me time it) he was doing the crankshaft pulley stuff while i got the camgear ready....he said the crankshaft spocket thing he didnt line up with the mark....does that matter even though we put it at TDC Afterwards or does it need to be put at TDC Then the crankshaft gear put on then the pulley? Also my camgear has the timing marks on it but when its at the number 1 piston the up arrow faces down...and faces up on number 4 piston(by number 4 i mean the distributor is pointing 4)...do i just need to leave it there at number 4 and still set the #1 piston to TDC?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Was talking to my dad about it (he helped me time it) he was doing the crankshaft pulley stuff while i got the camgear ready....he said the crankshaft spocket thing he didnt line up with the mark....does that matter even though we put it at TDC Afterwards or does it need to be put at TDC Then the crankshaft gear put on then the pulley? Also my camgear has the timing marks on it but when its at the number 1 piston the up arrow faces down...and faces up on number 4 piston(by number 4 i mean the distributor is pointing 4)...do i just need to leave it there at number 4 and still set the #1 piston to TDC?
im having a little trouble following you. Put the bottom end at TDC for #1, put the cam gear so the "up" mark faces up and is at tdc. take some pics

edit, i re-read what you wrote. Turn it over again, the gear should face up and the dizzy should point to #1 if im understanding you correctly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts