Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My maint req'd light recently came on. I've done a search on this site and know how to turn it off.

My question is whether the light only indicates 'change engine oil' or is there other maintenance that I'll need to do? My scheduled oil change at the dealership is at 72k miles but I missed it and changed it by myself at 75k instead. at 78k the light blinked when I start the car and now at almost 79k it is on the whole time.

If its only the engine oil then I dont mind turning it off but I just wonder if there are other stuffs that needs to be done. I dont have the owners manual so I can't read it up in there..:(

Please help :)

Edit: Btw, the threads that I found were years and years ago so I thought I might as well just post a new one here..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey thought I might chime in...I work at an Acura dealer as an apprentice...its only set to go off after a certain mileage for older cars. once you get to the dealership they have a set out "plan" of what should be done at a certain mileage. The newer Honda/Acura vehicles have a maintenance minder system that will flash on the HUD you if you need a straight oil change (A service) or a brake service and rotation (B1 service). etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts