Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
94 del sol
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo I see alot of high horsepower d's running topmounts.i think they look good i know equal length is better then log but why is it that most d's are useing them?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
lolol.i hear ya man. what im asking is i see alot of top mounts on fast d series.is top mount a good manifold or doesnt matter
Its a fad. Kinda like horn speakers on donks and just like hf manifolds everyone was using them! Then it was ssautochrome/xspower before we got wise. Then we moved onto making our own with whitey bends. After that you could buy a DIY kit for a log but the ramhorn came along and owned all. OF course we can't forget the miniram the medusa the wtf is that and the dohickey whatchmacallit. Unfortunatly those all bow down to the all mighty topmount god now until another creation comes along...the dual sidemount fog light "eat at the y" twin turbo manifold.

Bottom line, use whatever the hell your wallet can afford. They all have potential to make great numbers!

·
Registered
94 del sol
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kool.i go for what works over what looks pretty.but i would love to have the obx style. everybody says they are shit tho.well ya never know.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
obx is like 1 step better than ebay knockoffs...more like a 1/4 step... dont waste your money on an obx if funds are short ebay cast mani has been proven to make ok power on the super cheap. otherwise go with a name you can trust like go-autoworks or rc autoworks. its better and CHEAPER to buy 1 slightly more expensive one than to buy two or three shit ones that keep breaking due to thin steel, shitty welds, and bad supports

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
While I have no problem believing that equal length runners with nice smooth bends will make power over a log manifold, I do find it hard to believe a top mount has any real benefits over a good rams horn manifold. There may be advantages/disadvantages to one over the other as far as turbo placement and piping goes, but you certainly don't need a top mount to have a fast D-seies. As far as quality goes, it's already been said. Spend the $$$ for the real deal:

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
How many D's have top mounts ?

IMO you see a lot more high HP B's with them. That reason is because they make more power.

How much HP are you looking for? Don't buy something you'll never use.

·
Registered
94 del sol
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im aiming for 300 to 350.i know its all in the way i dive and my build and tune.i still have some questions for my build tho.hear in anchorage you only drive your car for half the year.during the winter ya just save up and tune.so i have a good 6 to 8 months to get my shit right.ive been trying to join turbod16.com but i never get the activation email.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts