Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know what everyone was thinking when they read the title... OH NO! Ching Chong Meow bearings.

Well, what I actually wondering if there are knockoff bearings on ebay. I don't want to buy bearings that are labeled "King" or "ACL", but are in fact Chinese bearings.

Here are some bearings I was looking at: HONDA CIVIC ACURA INTEGRA ROD MAIN BEARINGS D16Y D16Z6: eBay Motors (item 400144003061 end time Aug-20-10 09:23:10 PDT)

do they look legit?

Also, are NDC bearings any good? I have looked but can't find out much about them, which generally isn't a good sign.

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
no not really. it may have a king brand picture but in the description he in no way lists them as such. seems like bull shit to me. i would just try to purchase them from a real distributor and try to haggle with different companies on price. you can get em relatively cheap....just gotta look.

·
Registered
2007 Dodge ram
293 Posts
I just bought the same set for my build from this same ebayer and they were king bearings... Got to my house in arkansas in 2 days!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I purchased a rebuild kit from seller CNSmotors (might be the same) and the bearings were the actual brand listed. If you get them and are suspicious, send them back. Most, if not all bearings should have the brand stamped on the back side.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Yea, Ive never had an issue with CNS. Although, like the first poster said, I would normally look to make sure they LIST them as King or ACL bearings, within the title and description. Because some sellers will rob pictures from manufacturers, because theyre too lazy to take their own, of their actual product.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called CNS and they said whatever the picture is on Ebay is what you will receive. So that's pretty sweet :D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts