Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok check it I swapped in a z6 and went to crank it and no fuel pump...so I was like ok need a new relay. The og one made a really fast clicking sound, then today I finally got another one and when I turn the power on it makes a static type sound and stops..WTF is going on guys help me out!

·
Registered
956 Posts
that happens to me when I swap in a z6 and convert my auto to a manual. somehow, my main relay went out. If you have one of those thing that check for powers, it'll help alot too cause on mine, when you turn the key to "on", the wires that are suppose to ground didnt ground. instead, it somehow had power to it. heres what I did, the two ground wires that connect to the relay. I cut them and ground it to the chassic and everything went away. the car start it up with no problems. I'm not sure if your problem is the same but its a heads up if you cant find any other solutions.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another update. I tried to crank over the engine for the first time. It turns over fine sounds good and everything. After I let go the key the relay makes a noise like a lil buzzing...BTW, my check engine light dosent even turn on either...

·
Registered
956 Posts
my relay did that too. it will sound it a buzzing type. have you check your fuse? check the fuse for the instrument. I think you just need a new relay. sometimes when you havent drive your car for a while and its hot outside or where the weather just changed, the relay sometimes doesnt work. I just went to the junkyard and grab one off another civic. sometimes, those relay isnt all that good but at least its better than nothing.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I got the fuel pump on...I grounded a yellow wire w/ green line to the frame and the relay was fine no clicking or ticking or nothing fuel pump also turned on with no problems. Now the check engine light wont turn off. Ok so the two black wires with the silver dots should be ground? I put a light tester to em and the light is turning on a lil bit????

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I grounded the two black wires...and now should the blue wire with the white line should get power??? Cause it isnt?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts