Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a quick question. I looked through the manual and couldnt really find out where the main realy located.
I have a 1994 Civic Ex w/D16Z6. Where is the main relay located?

How much do they cost?

Do I have to get them from a dealer?

Thanks

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
chill out bro 45 min is hardly enough time to get a response although its better than some others give it some time before bumping your own thread

it is located driver side under the dash above the hood latch. have fun its a PITA to get off.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. Sorry for being impatient. just going to be leaving work soon. lol.

But I figured it be a pain. Location sounds like it.

And idea on the cost or if I got to get it from the dealer?

·
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
not a problem with the bumpage just lettin ya know bc some ppl get real mad about it
not too sure on the cost but i just went to a junk yard and got one for 2bucks and threw it on mine and ran fine no problems for 2 yrs

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet deal then. I may just go that route instead. When yours went bad did it cause your car to not want to start but still crank over ok?

·
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
yup mine cranked for days just no fuel or spark. went over everything and still nothing finally changed the main relay and started no problem

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am kinda confused on what exactly it looks like. lol. But if I am understanding correctly, the main relay- is that the grey block that all the fuses are inserted into? That was the only thing I saw in that area that I thought it could be.
Just want to make sure that what it is before I take it out

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts

Like stated, it's only a 10mm wrench and probably a flat edge driver to help remove the "never-once-removed' harness from the relay.

Someone post that he tried putting his relay in the frig to help his issues...try that maybe?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool. I will get on this tomorrow for sure. That is why my car wont start. lol.

Got to get it from the stealership-$65 for it. Which sucks.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I will try that tonight when I get home. I am at work right now. lol

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to clarify, but by putting it in the refrigerator for a while, is that just the way to verify that was the issue?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Well, the issue with the main relay is that some of the solder joints on the board become loose and lose connectivity. I suppose the frig that it'll close 'um a bit for a better connection. Heck, if you where going to just toss it you won't be losing out on anything!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts