Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nah, I've done my research on what I need bearings i need for the crank. I'm not looking for any answers as far as making sure I have the correct sizes. But has anyone ordered from HondaPartsNow.com? Are the manufacturers that make the bearings, the same company that makes them for Honda? Recommendation for sites that you have bought OEM bearings from? HondaAutomotiveparts.com?

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I don't need standard sizes. Standard is a little too loose on my mains.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
what'd you do that you even need to replace the mains? the ones on my 170k B18C1 looked brand new...

the rods on the other hand, not so much

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ripped the motor out of a junk yard and they had 225k on them and a spun thrust bearing. im doing a complete tear down and rebuild. new rods pistons valves and clean everything up and machined.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You could of also picked one up in picknpull for less than 280 bucks, I did this a wile back, before I took the engine out, with an impact drill, compression tester and visual inspection, determinded the engine was good, didnt even bother doing a rebuild on it.... Till this day I still see the car once in a wile. If thats not cheap they also have the 50% off sale, cheaper but any part is harder to find..

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the whole thing with tranny and acc. for 340. plus i was intending to build it and boost it. it had a massive blown head gasket. plus im building this motor to replace my DD. I'd rather build one ground up knowing its all good than put a junk yard motor in hoping it will hold up without having to do unexpected work down the road. not a risk im willing to take. To restate my original question.... Where do people generally buy their oem bearings from other than the dealership that will charge 20/half where i live.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Describe too loose? What clearance?

I'm hitting .002" (the service limit per manual) on all bearings 1-5. Any thoughts.???

IMG_3475.JPG
These are ACL STD sizes^^

EDIT:\
I should also add that I'm shooting for 250whp. I've been reading that you want to have the mains closer to .002? Am I mistaken of this fact?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts