Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my obd1 jdm d15b block threw a main bearing and im wondering if its the same size for the z6.

if it is that would be so awesome.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
correct. JDM VTEC d15b uses d15b7 mian bearings and d16z6 rod bearings

any american 88-95 d15 mains and d16 rods, but I gave you specifics to help your search

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i checked the crank, and the rod letter was B.....and i could not find a rod number for the life of me, it was all covered in carbon, and nothing....but the rod next to it (cylinder 2) was a 3.

im not finding that the z6 has a bearing of this size.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cuz it's a d16. the only options that are in row "B" do not include black or blue the hondaautomotiveparts.com website offers.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Pull the crank, measure the journals, check sizes on Clevite website.

MAHLE Clevite Inc.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
my obd1 jdm d15b block threw a main bearing and im wondering if its the same size for the z6.

if it is that would be so awesome.
pat i dont have to pull the crank to measure the journals. im only replacing cylinder 3 rod bearing.
I'm confused.

You threw a main, but are replacing only the rod. Also, threw is an unusual term for a damaged main as they normally stay in place even with extensive damage.

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
How did you come the diagnosis that you spun a bearing? Clunking, knocking in the bottom end? If so, you can bet that the journal is also scrap. If you just throw a bearing in there you can bet it will spin again.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it was knocking and i pulled apart the bottom end and felt/heard cylinder 3's rod move on the journal. the shaft didnt actually get damaged miraculously. i mistakenly wrote main in the OP. :/ im tempted to just find a cheap ass b7 block and just switch em out.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and the bearing was smashed....low coolant led to overheating, led to thin oil!!! thin oil couldnt handle consistent 4500rpm at 80mph and the rod bearing to a shit, got smashed like crazy. almost to a knife edge.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
If it was that hot, the piston was probably tight in the bores and the extra drag beat up the big end. It probably also has some damage to the ring lands so the rings are loose in the groves and maybe some skirt and bore damage and maybe the rings have lost tension.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts