Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..got another muffler ticket..and sick of getting pulled over...and sick of smelly exhaust fumes bc i run an ebay "high flow cat"/test pipe lol...anyways my exhaust is 2.5 in and im looking for a magnaflow converter...the direst fit is too expensive and its only like 2in...so im going to buy a universal one, but it has to be 2.5 in. the universal civic one part number 53034 or something like that is for up to 4500lb vechicles...its only 2in in/out and 13in long..i need one at least 16in bc thats the length of my test pipe. so i found one from the 94000 series which is 16in long with an o2 bung and its 2.5in...but it says it handles up to 6500lb vehicles. would the 94000 series one be overkill?...would it matter...i wouldnt think so, would the 53000 series be more restrictive bc it can only handle up to 4500lbs? i wouldnt see this 94000 series converter being a problem, but i just want to make sure, ive been searching about this for a few days and cant find the answer im looking for, help is always greatly appreciated, and repped! thanks in advance!

·
Registered
999 Posts
for a stock car prolly overkill, but itll work...

plus you dont have a 2.5inch collecter do you?

but if your set on getting that 2.5in 2.5out itll work.... save the whales :) lol

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well my whole exhaust is 2.5in..so it only makes sense...i just dont think i could hurt the car with the 6500lb limit converter on there, i mean i am running w/o a cat so anything must be better, right?...by collecter do u mean resonator?..and thanks for the response btw

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.5" magnaflow high flow, I was mines accually the a g35, but it really quited my ebay header, and flow master exhaust down...
nice..so you think just go with the 94000 series thats 2.5in, and that should quite everthing down and be less restrictive?

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
I honestly felt no difference when going from 2.5" ghetto exhaust no cat, old ass fart can to 2.5" mendrel bent, magnaflow cat, and flowmaster muffler, if anything my mid-high end feels like it pulled harder after the new exhaust, but that could have been because the old exhaust was on there for like 10 years haha

long story short, unless your turbo/supercharged I don't see a cat slowing you down much if any really

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ic ic...im just wondering if i should get the universal one for a civic which has 2in in/out and handles up up to 4500lb vehicles...or go with the 94000 series one which has the 2.5in in/out and handles up to 6000lb vehicles...just seems like it would be better to get the 2.5in one bc my exhaust is 2.5in and it would fit/flow better.....thanks alot btw

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
yeah i'd go 2.5 so later on if you do a little turbo kit or something you'll have room to go bigger.

although someday you might wanna go 3" lol, but yeah 2.5" seems to work out great esp. if you wanna go FI someday (2.25 would hold ya back)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Pretty sure I saw dyno tests on a stock B16 showing 1-2 whp difference between test pipe and stock cat. So a high flow will be somewhere in the middle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts